Author Topic: Music Video: "Voo Doo" by Rachel Sweet [1982]  (Read 13898 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Music Video: "Voo Doo" by Rachel Sweet [1982]
« on: December 11, 2014, 05:00:04 AM »
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:02:11 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Music Video: "Voo Doo" by Rachel Sweet [1982]
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 02:12:48 PM »
Thanks for the loop video, I turned it on and walked away to finish preparing my food. Took me a while to realise there wasn't going to be anything else..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 03:33:19 PM »
Good. You deserve that after enticing me to watch Superman III with that robot transformation clip you posted. We suffered through that abomination this morning. So bad (the bad bad, not the good bad).

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 04:03:42 PM »
Well Voo Doo is not all that bad.  The girl is hot and the music is typical 80's sound.

That intro though sucked.  Very early 90's

I never saw Superman 3 and not out to watch it now that I've read what you thought about it.  I had a copy of Superman 4 on VHS that I watched repeatedly when I was little though.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 04:09:33 AM »
Good. You deserve that after enticing me to watch Superman III with that robot transformation clip you posted. We suffered through that abomination this morning. So bad (the bad bad, not the good bad).

Are you sure you just didn't like it because of the flu? Maybe you should try again in a few days..

Seriously though, I'm surprised you guys even bothered with it after that taster.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 07:04:38 AM »
Well Voo Doo is not all that bad.

Yeah, I genuinely like the song.

I never saw Superman 3 and not out to watch it now that I've read what you thought about it.  I had a copy of Superman 4 on VHS that I watched repeatedly when I was little though.

I'm kind of surprised I had managed to avoid Superman III up until now. When I was a kid, HBO played the first two movies all the time, but I don't recall catching even a part of the third one. It was like they took a really bad Richard Pryor comedy and a really bad Superman movie, and just kind of sandwiched them together into one long shitty abomination.

I saw Superman IV in theaters, and I thought it was pretty rad at the time, but I haven't re-watched it since.

Seriously though, I'm surprised you guys even bothered with it after that taster.

All in the line of duty. By the time we're done with the comic we'll probably have seen just about every '80s genre movie there is. Gotta find those hidden gems.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 05:13:12 PM »
Well Voo Doo is not all that bad.

Yeah, I genuinely like the song.

My 1st impression was it's not bad. I've listened a few more times though and I agree it's a good song I like it. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 08:32:44 PM »
Okay so I'm bored at work and I went through and watched several of her video's now.  She's pretty awesome.  She has done some great covers. I'm sure I've heard her version of "Then He Kissed Me" before I guess I just didn't realize it was her.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »

All in the line of duty. By the time we're done with the comic we'll probably have seen just about every '80s genre movie there is. Gotta find those hidden gems.

If you haven't burned out your eyes with bleach by then. Thanks for taking one for team though, we'd have to muddle through all the pish ourselves if it weren't for you guys..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 11:41:09 PM »
Okay so I'm bored at work and I went through and watched several of her video's now.  She's pretty awesome.  She has done some great covers. I'm sure I've heard her version of "Then He Kissed Me" before I guess I just didn't realize it was her.

Glad to turn you on to some "new" music. I sampled one of her albums, but I didn't like the rest of her stuff as much as this song.

If you haven't burned out your eyes with bleach by then. Thanks for taking one for team though, we'd have to muddle through all the pish ourselves if it weren't for you guys..

We're basically public servants. The government should fund us.