Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 28 - Watchin' Ghostbusties  (Read 25931 times)

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 28 - Watchin' Ghostbusties
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 05:48:31 PM »

There were no tits, no scary ghosts, and no zombies.

It has one thing though, it has the tried and tested tap someone on one shoulder while standing on the other side joke in it, the lingerie variant by the looks of it. That guy seems to think it's hilarious, as do I by the way..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 06:03:15 PM »
It has one thing though, it has the tried and tested tap someone on one shoulder while standing on the other side joke in it, the lingerie variant by the looks of it. That guy seems to think it's hilarious, as do I by the way..

Heheh. Gotta love lingerie variants of, well, anything.

Jessica had me watch that piece of shit movie the day after she did. Up until then I had thought that she loved me.

Soooo fuckin' bad. But yeah, that German poster is rad.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2015, 06:24:08 PM »
Jessica had me watch that piece of shit movie the day after she did. Up until then I had thought that she loved me.

It was the same day, Adam. Actually, I hadn't even finished it yet. I just started it over for your benefit and took a shower while you caught up to me. That's how much I don't love you.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »
Heheh. Gotta love lingerie variants of, well, anything.

Second that..

It was the same day, Adam. Actually, I hadn't even finished it yet. I just started it over for your benefit and took a shower while you caught up to me. That's how much I don't love you.

You apparently sacrifice a lot for this love..

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 12:27:45 AM »
The sudden shift to this page surprised me initially - I thought I missed a page - but reading through the chapter all at once, it is a great tone shift from the party scenes and prevents those from running on too long. I'm really curious about all this supernatural-type stuff that's going on around Sam.

Also, this page reminded me a tiny bit of the shitfest masquerading as a movie called "Hobgoblins", a terrible Gremlins ripoff that tried to be funnier and more clever than it could ever possibly be. You may have seen it as a late-season episode of MST3k and it's at least worth checking out THAT way. It is the worst of the '80s in a single package. But if you haven't seen it: basically, the hobgoblin creatures somehow use their Alien Magic to make people's weird fantasies come true and then the fantasies quickly turn on them and kill them.

Babe Alert: A lady that can titfuck her own uvula? That's my kind of girl.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 03:59:39 PM »
Babe Alert: A lady that can titfuck her own uvula? That's my kind of girl.

She's all yours hahaha!

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 08:21:55 AM »
Also, this page reminded me a tiny bit of the shitfest masquerading as a movie called "Hobgoblins", a terrible Gremlins ripoff that tried to be funnier and more clever than it could ever possibly be. You may have seen it as a late-season episode of MST3k and it's at least worth checking out THAT way. It is the worst of the '80s in a single package. But if you haven't seen it: basically, the hobgoblin creatures somehow use their Alien Magic to make people's weird fantasies come true and then the fantasies quickly turn on them and kill them.

Oh man, Hobgoblins. I've only seen the MST3K version of the movie, back when that episode first aired so I don't remember it too well, except that it was a good episode. When Jessica drew the Creepies poster for the arcade in issue 1, the Hobgoblins poster was one of her influences.