Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 29 - Discovery in the Woods  (Read 30264 times)

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 29 - Discovery in the Woods
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 03:54:01 PM »
after some kind defeat

This part was pretty obvious at least. And why else would he be in the woods by himself..?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 04:08:34 PM »
after some kind defeat

This part was pretty obvious at least. And why else would he be in the woods by himself..?

Yeah Eddie walking home in defeat seems to be the theme music for this comic so it was kinda obvious I guess. 

Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 08:41:06 AM »
I keep expecting a powerful revenge sequence not unlike in The Mask, even if that movie was a few years too late for this comic.

Funny you should mention The Mask. In my old movie script for Dark Relic (which served as the basic foundation for the Satan Ninja story), the main character (still named Eddie and he would have been played by a nineteen-year-old me) is a nerd who wants nothing more than to be really cool so he can get his dream girl. The party sequence happens similarly to how it played out in the comic, but then a wizard who witnessed everything gives Eddie a magical bone glove that, upon wearing it, turns him into the mega-cool greaser guy he always wished he could be. My idea being that the glove would channel a person's idealized version of them self or something like that.

Then one of my friends read the script and pointed out that my magic glove functioned way too similarly to The Mask. That hadn't been my intention at all, but he was right. In light of that, I decided I'd need to heavily re-work the story. So that's one of the reasons I never ended up filming Dark Relic, although another reason is that I was unable to secure the funding I thought I was going to get.

It's definitely for the best, though. I cringe when I re-read that old Dark Relic script, but I love that it evolved and mutated into the mega-radical Satan Ninja 198X.

My Babe Alert isn't ringing. Is this the first page in months without sexy curves and bodacious bods?

Holy shit, you're right. Jessica will be beaten severely for this glaring omission. Even if my script does not provide opportunity for T&A, she should force it. So Eddie's walking through the dark woods at night? Who says there can't be a nude centerfold tacked to a tree? Or a sexy wood nymph spying on him? Or the trees themselves could have tits.

Heh, eventually the comic will devolve into the Idiocracy version of itself, which will be nothing but pages of giant tits bathed in neon light with the pentastar icon in place of nipples.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 09:18:46 AM »
Yeah Eddie walking home in defeat seems to be the theme music for this comic so it was kinda obvious I guess.

Yeah, gotta shit all over the hero before things can get better. Peter Parker lost his Uncle Ben, Eddie McCarthy lost his stuffed pig.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 09:22:13 AM »
Given we're in the 198X universe, you'd have to parody the name Seven Doors of Death if this is in America - it didn't get a released as the Beyond in the US until the mid-90's.

Good catch. But I liked the name Hellgate Hotel. Wait, no, now it's making me think of Motel Hell, which isn't a very good movie. So, yeah. Seven Whores of Death it is.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 02:11:51 PM »

Yeah, gotta shit all over the hero before things can get better. Peter Parker lost his Uncle Ben, Eddie McCarthy lost his stuffed pig.

I think it's a prerequisite for being a good hero.  Of course loosing a stuffed pig and being rejected by the big tit blond is not exactly on the same level as Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Mumm-Rad

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 04:43:24 PM »
I think it's a prerequisite for being a good hero.  Of course loosing a stuffed pig and being rejected by the big tit blond is not exactly on the same level as Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne.

You are on spot with taking abuse being a prerequisite, but once the heavy guilt kicks in about the barbecued pig, every time he thinks about his grandma he could be more on the level of Bruce Banner/Hulk. Ninja Smash!!!!!! Poor, poor piggie  :'(
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:00:05 PM by Mumm-Rad »

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2015, 11:19:41 AM »

You are on spot with taking abuse being a prerequisite, but once the heavy guilt kicks in about the barbecued pig, every time he thinks about his grandma he could be more on the level of Bruce Banner/Hulk. Ninja Smash!!!!!! Poor, poor piggie  :'(

Finally, someone mourns the stuffed pig! I thought it was heart-wrenching.