Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 31 - Metal Healing  (Read 19273 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 31 - Metal Healing
« on: February 07, 2015, 07:32:19 PM »

You can't see it all that well in this shot, but that Demon Hammer album cover is awesome. Jessica intends to do a full color version, but we made it black and white for now so that we could post the page up without delaying it further. Once she gets a chance to finish the full-color version, we'll be sure to post it for your viewing pleasure.

On a similar note, the posters are still being worked on. For now Eddie's room'll just have to look like a barren jail cell.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 31 - Metal Healing
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 05:20:33 AM »
On a similar note, the posters are still being worked on. For now Eddie's room'll just have to look like a barren jail cell.

To be honest, I'd get fed up with that modern art stuff he had up there too.

This must be where Eddie is going to get bound to that dark lord Ninja Commander was talking about in the previous page.

The title of this page must be a reference to Marvin Gaye's song, and is especially appropriate since Eddie put himself as far away from sexual healing as he could manage..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 11:40:20 PM »
The title of this page must be a reference to Marvin Gaye's song, and is especially appropriate since Eddie put himself as far away from sexual healing as he could manage..

Actually, I wasn't familiar with the Marvin Gaye song, so I just now looked it up. It's totally not something we'd listen to, but at least now I get your reference.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 02:43:44 PM »
I don't listen to it either if I can help it, but I do know it. Did I just out-80s you?  8)

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 03:10:41 PM »

Actually, I wasn't familiar with the Marvin Gaye song, so I just now looked it up. It's totally not something we'd listen to, but at least now I get your reference.

Okay I know you guys live in a cave but did you really have to look up Sexual Healing?  I know it's not your typical style but a little Soul never hurt anyone. 

I really expected Eddie to be a Cassette guy not a Vinyl guy. 

So is the "Metal Healing"  any way a sideways reference to Quite Riot?  If so should the mask not have been the Hannibal mask from the video?

Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 03:18:18 PM »

Okay I know you guys live in a cave but did you really have to look up Sexual Healing?  I know it's not your typical style but a little Soul never hurt anyone. 

So is the "Metal Healing"  any way a sideways reference to Quite Riot?  If so should the mask not have been the Hannibal mask from the video?

Dammit, I was honestly in the middle of a reply just now when I got a notification that you posted. I was saying..

"We could just say it's a Metal Health reference. Plus, that would give us kind of a weird excuse for"

...Eddie's barren walls. Except they aren't padded. Never mind.

Anyway, I was indeed aware of the song Sexual Healing.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 03:23:38 PM »

Adam wanted it to be a tape at first, but I suggested a record for a couple reasons. He probably has both.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 05:16:34 PM »

Adam wanted it to be a tape at first, but I suggested a record for a couple reasons. He probably has both.

Was one of the reasons having an excuse to draw awesome album covers?

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 06:09:20 PM »

Dammit, I was honestly in the middle of a reply just now when I got a notification that you posted. I was saying..

"We could just say it's a Metal Health reference. Plus, that would give us kind of a weird excuse for"

...Eddie's barren walls. Except they aren't padded. Never mind.

Anyway, I was indeed aware of the song Sexual Healing.

Sorry you had to backtrack.  I of course went to watch Quite Riot videos after I posted. 

I'm glad to know you have a little Soul in you Jess. 

Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 05:09:52 AM »

I just feel cassette tapes are much more '80s. I know records were still around, but they weren't the rad new thing. Eddie definitely has both.

I'm sure that had something to do with it. It's also because of movies like Trick or Treat, where a heavy metal record is played backwards and causes evil shit to happen.

Sorry you had to backtrack.  I of course went to watch Quite Riot videos after I posted.

Heh. We watched the video for "Cum On Feel the Noize" a couple weeks ago, and Jessica was so annoyed with how repetitive it was. Just the dude in his bedroom trying and failing to turn down his blasting music. It didn't bother me as much. I'm more bothered by the way the song's title is spelled (although to be fair, it's a cover song and that's how Slade originally spelled it).

She's got some. I'm the souless one.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 01:06:55 PM »

Haha, no! Don't be sorry! You beat me to the punch, just like with the classical music thing.

I just feel cassette tapes are much more '80s. I know records were still around, but they weren't the rad new thing. Eddie definitely has both.

I'm sure that had something to do with it. It's also because of movies like Trick or Treat, where a heavy metal record is played backwards and causes evil shit to happen.

Yeah, and then there's this amazing scene from The Gate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mXAB3HO160

Also, Trick or Treat is great and everyone should see it. Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7IZp2jF3_Q

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 05:02:22 PM »

Yeah cassettes are way more 80's, but Eddie is a huge metal fan so it makes sense that he would have both. 

Heh. We watched the video for "Cum On Feel the Noize" a couple weeks ago, and Jessica was so annoyed with how repetitive it was. Just the dude in his bedroom trying and failing to turn down his blasting music. It didn't bother me as much. I'm more bothered by the way the song's title is spelled (although to be fair, it's a cover song and that's how Slade originally spelled it).

GIRLS ROCK YOUR BOYS!  I love that track!  The spelling never bothered me it's for sure over the top just like the song.  I'm not sure what there is not to like in the video though?  It's pure 80's we have to do a video but the band is too wasted to do anything for it so lets cum up with the cheapest idea possible. 

She's got some. I'm the souless one.

Yeah you need to find one of them someday Adam. 

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 12:59:00 AM »
God damn but I love how Sam is persistent enough to hold that pose but just instantly drops the act once he gets the scream he wanted.

Babe Alert: Um, I can kinda see Minxy on the album cover?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 01:10:58 AM »

Jessica intends to revisit that album cover so she can finalize it. Once she's done, we'll post a big version of it in all its glory. It'll be worth the wait.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 04:07:58 AM »

You're getting desparate aren't you? You guys better switch back to Kit before he starts a riot..