Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 6 - Vektor Mode  (Read 23132 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 6 - Vektor Mode
« on: December 12, 2015, 12:26:22 AM »

On this page we finally reveal the official name of the magical gloves. We also have Ket busting out another space grenade, which I assume are able to fit into her utility belt due to some mysterious magical space tech. As for the spikes on the grenade that help it lodge into the target, they don’t project from it until the grenade is airborne (just in case you were wondering how someone would carry it without stabbing themselves).

And for any of you that missed the big news this week: Jessica has launched a Patreon page. If you follow that link you’ll find a video of Jessica enthusiastically explaining what that’s all about. We’ve also given our promo videos and fan art a permanent home under the “Extras” section of the top navigation menu.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:19:28 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 6 - Vektor Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 03:37:19 AM »
Haha this page cracked me up. Vektor mode? That is brilliantly done!

Anything goes when it comes to space grenades in my opinion. Now the real question is, does the good old sticking-a-grenade-and-opening-the-airlock trick work?

I need to check out that patreon page. Is that like bandcamp but for non-musicians?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 08:07:31 AM »
Haha this page cracked me up. Vektor mode? That is brilliantly done!

I always chuckle at how depressed Vektoria looks once she switches to Vektor mode.

I need to check out that patreon page. Is that like bandcamp but for non-musicians?

Not exactly. Actually, there are a bunch of musicians that use Patreon. And so do some podcasters, let's players, reviewers, etc. It's a service for basically anyone who creates some form of art/entertainment, and it's become extremely common for webcomic creators to utilize it. Just go to the site and Jessica explains it in a short video.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that Ket using all these explosives while wearing her bounty hunting garb reminds me of the box cover for the first NES Bomberman game. It's easily the coolest Bomberman has ever looked.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:21:09 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 10:34:18 AM »
"WHAT?!!" I imagine his voice as a deeper Crypt Keeper. 

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 05:55:32 PM »
"WHAT?!!" I imagine his voice as a deeper Crypt Keeper.

I imagine him sounding a bit like a cross between the Cryptkeeper and Skeletor. But maybe a little more toned down and, like you said, slightly deeper.

I intended him to speak with a kind of "spooky" font, but we haven't yet found one we're satisfied with.

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 07:28:46 PM »
I intended him to speak with a kind of "spooky" font, but we haven't yet found one we're satisfied with.

This is totally the font: http://www.dafont.com/tango-macabre.font

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 06:15:41 AM »

God dammit.

Gregg Samsa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud.
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 10:44:52 AM »

God dammit.

Looks like you need to redo the whole comic.

Again.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 07:50:31 AM »

God dammit.

Looks like you need to redo the whole comic.

Again.

God dammit.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 12:23:13 PM »
EDIT:

I forgot to mention that Ket using all these explosives while wearing her bounty hunting garb reminds me of the box cover for the first NES Bomberman game. It's easily the coolest Bomberman has ever looked.

I have never, unfortunately, owned a NES so I'm not familiar with that game.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 07:31:47 AM »

Awe, man, no NES? That's depressing. What'd you do as a kid? Play outside with friends like a bunch of nature-worshiping primitives? Like some kind of druids?

Bomberman is a pretty popular franchise, especially in Japan where there are possibly one million Bomberman games. It's about a super cutesy robot who fucks everything up with his endless supply of bombs. The US version of the first game tried to make it more appealing to western sensibilities by making him look all cool on the box art (the one I posted previously), but this is what Bomberman actually looks like:

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 09:29:45 AM »

Awe, man, no NES? That's depressing. What'd you do as a kid? Play outside with friends like a bunch of nature-worshiping primitives? Like some kind of druids?

Bomberman is a pretty popular franchise, especially in Japan where there are possibly one million Bomberman games. It's about a super cutesy robot who fucks everything up with his endless supply of bombs. The US version of the first game tried to make it more appealing to western sensibilities by making him look all cool on the box art (the one I posted previously), but this is what Bomberman actually looks like:

I played with my huge supply of legos obviously. I did get out now and then but I didn't worship nature as much as trying to set fire to bits of it.  8)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 07:26:07 PM »
I played with my huge supply of legos obviously. I did get out now and then but I didn't worship nature as much as trying to set fire to bits of it.  8)

So what was your childhood Lego theme of choice? Town? Space? Castle? Pirates?

I'm gonna guess Space. I was a Castle kid.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 02:32:47 AM »

I mostly had castles and pirates, I built huge castles just for the fun of building them. You could call it an obsession I guess. I had a few space shippy things but not nearly as much of it. I would literally sit there building stuff for hours on end. If I get kids I want them to be like that, my parents must have had plenty of time for hobbies..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 02:54:03 AM »

I mostly had castles and pirates, I built huge castles just for the fun of building them. You could call it an obsession I guess. I had a few space shippy things but not nearly as much of it. I would literally sit there building stuff for hours on end. If I get kids I want them to be like that, my parents must have had plenty of time for hobbies..

All right, well here's a ::cyber high-five:: to my fellow Lego Castle brother. But I actually played with my Lego sets very differently from you (and probably most kids). I'd follow the instructions and build the sets after I opened them, and then I mostly ignored the blocks and just played with the minifigs, like a little girl playing dolls. Except my stories were filled with sex and violence, with plot-lines usually ripped off from whatever movies or comics I'd recently consumed.