Author Topic: Issue 1 - Video Dreamer - Page 11 - Joe & Trance  (Read 7245 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 1 - Video Dreamer - Page 11 - Joe & Trance
« on: March 15, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »

We decided early on that although we knew our comic would have constant references to various '80s media, we didn't want the references themselves to be the source of our comic's humor. Instead, the references are treated more like bonus Easter eggs. They're not essential, but they're there for those who enjoy that sort of thing (like us).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 07:33:05 PM by Adam Dravian »

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 1 - Video Dreamer - Page 11 - Joe & Trance
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »
We watched the movie Zapped! (1982) for the first time earlier this year and noticed some striking similarities between Scott Baio's bedroom and Joe's. Sort of a neat accidental 80s reference. The silly lamp thing was always intentional, though.

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 12:44:09 AM »
It's cool that Trance can build a small robotic dinosaur and all, but would he be able to build robots that can sing, play instruments and walk back and forth in a hallway?
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 10:59:25 AM »
We watched the movie Zapped! (1982) for the first time earlier this year and noticed some striking similarities between Scott Baio's bedroom and Joe's. Sort of a neat accidental 80s reference.

Except you've updated the page since you posted this, so now his room's mostly in darkness and your comment no longer makes sense. Ah, curse of the retcon strikes again.

It's cool that Trance can build a small robotic dinosaur and all, but would he be able to build robots that can sing, play instruments and walk back and forth in a hallway?

Whoa, I've never seen that video. I love how low key and stoically disturbing that is. Suppose I'll have to look into Kraftwerk sometime.

As far as what Trance can do with robots, well, just you wait...