Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 35 - Debbie Slater  (Read 9569 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 35 - Debbie Slater
« on: November 10, 2016, 08:28:18 AM »

Dean’s older sister Debbie has been mentioned a few times in the comic, and she had a tiny cameo on the cover of the Stagbunny issue that Trance was reading earlier, but now we finally get to see her. Like, a lot of her.

Debbie graduated from a private school a few years ago (Dean attended a private school as well until he was kicked out of it), and now lives in LA as a model/actress. She’s currently home visiting.

Anyway, I think Jessica killed it with the hot tub lighting effects on this page. And it’s nice to see Mr. Skull popping into the comic to torment Sam some more.

Speaking of Sam, I think this is the first time we've seen Sam's eyes since he stole Eddie's sunglasses off his face at the end of Issue 2.

Three more pages and Issue 3 should be finished!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 08:44:21 AM by Adam Dravian »

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 35 - Debbie Slater
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 09:38:01 PM »
This kind of reminds me of the  scene in Halloween 2 where Michael Myers turns up the heat to the hot tub and then eventually dunks the girl's head into the scalding hot water until she dies.
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 09:46:05 PM »
This kind of reminds me of the  scene in Halloween 2 where Michael Myers turns up the heat to the hot tub and then eventually dunks the girl's head into the scalding hot water until she dies.

That's right, I forgot about that scene. I believe it was one of the few death scenes that John Carpenter was brought in to direct during re-shoots in order to make Halloween II more gruesome.

However, Mr. Skull popping up on this page, and then suddenly being gone was totally inspired by Michael Myers's habit of doing that in the Halloween movies.

Matty2310

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 09:43:51 AM »
Anyway, I think Jessica killed it with the hot tub lighting effects on this page.
You're damn right about that. Drawing a hot naked babe with big titties going into a spa at night requires a lot more artistry that one would think it needs, but Jessica nailed it.

Actually watched the first two on Halloween. That scene was absolutely brutal. Easily the most horrible way to die.
I listen to 80's music for a living, how about you?

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 12:31:57 PM »
At least Sam didn't blow that whistle,is there a chance that the whole household might of heard it!

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »
I'd just like to point out that Sam's apparently jerking off while still wearing his bone gloves. And I can't imagine that he washes those too often...

Edit: I also just noticed that Sam seems the be the only character that Jessica consistently gives "Simpsons" style teeth too.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 10:14:51 PM by Adam Dravian »

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 02:12:08 PM »
Anyway, I think Jessica killed it with the hot tub lighting effects on this page.
You're damn right about that. Drawing a hot naked babe with big titties going into a spa at night requires a lot more artistry that one would think it needs, but Jessica nailed it.

Actually watched the first two on Halloween. That scene was absolutely brutal. Easily the most horrible way to die.

Thanks a lot! Glad it's appreciated, hehe.