Author Topic: Music Video - "Freedom of Choice" by Devo [1980]  (Read 9309 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Music Video - "Freedom of Choice" by Devo [1980]
« on: August 13, 2014, 07:19:49 AM »
Click here to see the original post.

I did a short blog post this week, since I've been busy doing Jessica birthday things (she turned 26 on the 12th).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:22:20 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Music Video - "Freedom of Choice" by Devo [1980]
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:15:05 AM »
Nice masks.

I have no idea what to make of this to be honest, which makes it a typical 80's music video..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 05:34:39 PM »
That's actually my favorite New Order song, but I'd never seen that video. It certainly ranks right up there with Devo on the weirdo scale. But whereas Devo have a sense of humor about their weirdness, it's hard for me to picture New Order thinking their video is anything aside from high art. After all, how can any band formed from the ashes of Joy Division have a sense of humor?

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 12:57:13 AM »
I've heard that song many time but I think that may have been the first time I've seen the video.  Very interesting stuff.  It also inspired me to go watch other new wave vids.  I prefer Flock Of Seagulls over Devo though. 

Now that that's done I don't need to hear anymore new wave 80's shit for another couple of years.  Back to Rock & Roll and Blues
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 03:01:18 AM »
I don't know how I came across this video, after all it was made when I was still a toddler. I quite like the New Order songs I know but yes I think they take themselves quite seriously.

I've seen them live recently actually, they still do gigs but it was clear they're fed up with playing the same old songs for thirty-odd years. Can't blame them to be honest..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 06:38:22 AM »
I prefer Flock Of Seagulls over Devo though.

Me too, actually. Until recently, I was only familiar with "I Ran," but I found I dig most of their early albums. Devo is a band that I can only listen to in small doses. Jessica was on a big Devo kick recently, but there's only so much I can handle.

I don't know how I came across this video, after all it was made when I was still a toddler.

That's the magic of the 'net, man. Anything digitized is immortal. At least until the apocalypse that'll kill off mostly everyone except violent punks with S&M fetishes.

I quite like the New Order songs I know but yes I think they take themselves quite seriously.

After listening to New Order's '80s discography, I've discovered that I'm not much of a fan, as I only like a handful of songs. But I'm a pretty big fan of Morrissey, and I dig some of The Cure, so my English mope-music quota is already filled up.