Author Topic: Movie Review - Conquest [1983]  (Read 8765 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Movie Review - Conquest [1983]
« on: December 18, 2014, 07:44:55 PM »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Review - Conquest [1983]
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 06:41:48 AM »
What the..
I'm going to let this one sink in for a while before I respond properly.
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 05:20:45 PM »
That zombie-shark battle requires no further comment, except that the music is vaguely ambient-like..

What can I say, this movie sounds amazing. Fem-Destro looks like a case of Nice legs, shame about her face, while the guy who we think is the main character dies lamely and off-screen. Conan Lee looks much more like a proper barbarian anyway..

This film also takes the idea of expendable minor character to the next level, with even Conan Lee sniping off a caveman for shits 'n giggles. I like the bone-chucks though, much better than the manliness-powered bow.

I'm still too impressed with this to say any more..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 01:32:57 PM »
I was thinking about the beach intro with the translucent "ghost" characters. My best guess is that it's the movie's way of showing us that we are witnessing events of an age long past. Or something like that. Maybe trying to find any sort of logic in this movie is a waste of time.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 05:46:50 AM »
I was thinking about the beach intro with the translucent "ghost" characters. My best guess is that it's the movie's way of showing us that we are witnessing events of an age long past. Or something like that. Maybe trying to find any sort of logic in this movie is a waste of time.

We should try nonetheless, after all we succeeded with the Motley Crue video.

This is a much tougher nut to crack though, because of it's length and because I haven't really seen it. Translucent ghost characters are just a lazy way of explaining back stories, although they fail miserably even at that. Maybe the message is 'being a man doesn't prevent your head from being cut off" and "being one with nature results in dolphins swimming to the rescue when you're tied to a cross and thrown into the sea"

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 11:29:45 AM »
I have no comment, hah, just chuckles and "...wha??"s

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 05:15:27 PM »
Translucent ghost characters are just a lazy way of explaining back stories, although they fail miserably even at that. Maybe the message is 'being a man doesn't prevent your head from being cut off" and "being one with nature results in dolphins swimming to the rescue when you're tied to a cross and thrown into the sea"

I think you nailed it.