Author Topic: Satan Ninja 201X?  (Read 85303 times)

DragonLord1975

• Ninja Initiate
  • Welcome to Dragonland Studios
    • View Profile
Satan Ninja 201X?
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:31:45 PM »
Satan Ninja 198X is great fun for all, but after this whole story gets finished, what would happen?

Perhaps after the entire series gets finished, you'd make Satan Ninja 201X to see what are things like nowadays. Right now, it's too early for development, but given thought it might work.
"Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive."

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Satan Ninja 201X?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 12:54:48 AM »
Heheh. That's a very interesting idea. However, Jessica and I kind of live in the past, and as a result, we're waaaaaaay behind on the pop culture of the modern world. Hell, we haven't even seen movies like Dark Knight Rises, Guardians of the Galaxy, or any of the Taken movies. We also haven't watched much TV in the past decade, so we've yet to see Lost, let alone newer shows like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones. We're totally clueless when it comes to modern music as well since we don't ever listen to the radio and we don't tend to go places that play modern hits. I keep up with modern video game news, but I don't tend to play a lot of modern games. And when I do, it's often a retro game like Hotline Miami (one of all-time my favorites).

So I don't think we'd be able to do justice to the current decade the way we can the '80s. It's just not where our heart is.

A 199X series, on the other hand, is totally something we could consider doing someday.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 06:47:32 AM »
You'd have to call it 199Y then, because generation X was not really in their teens anymore. Unless you want to make it about a 30-something nobody who has all sorts of adventures of course..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 05:38:12 PM »
I guess we could do Satan Ninja Twenty-Ex-Teen in thirty years. Maybe we'll catch up with this decade's pop culture by then and be able to ride the inevitable 2010s nostalgia wave.  ;)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 06:09:21 PM »
I guess we could do Satan Ninja Twenty-Ex-Teen in thirty years. Maybe we'll catch up with this decade's pop culture by then and be able to ride the inevitable 2010s nostalgia wave.  ;)

Perhaps we wouldn't call it Satan Ninja. It could be something more topical for that era. Perhaps Terrorist Zombie 201X.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 06:29:50 PM »
You'd have to call it 199Y then(...)

Pokéninja 199¥.

Gregg Samsa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 12:28:31 PM »
Satan Ninja 201X takes place in the Running Man universe or whatever equivalent 80's dystopian future.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 12:57:21 PM »
Perhaps we wouldn't call it Satan Ninja. It could be something more topical for that era. Perhaps Terrorist Zombie 201X.

Not fair, he/she just keeps blowing himself up and coming back to life. How about Lolcat Islamophobe 201Emoji?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 08:09:53 AM »
Haha, it's nice to see we have so many options for continuing the series into future decades.

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 12:09:16 AM »
I'd like to see you do the future according to what was thought up in the '50s and '60s.  They had some pretty wacky ideas such as jetpack mailmen and pogo cop cars.  Popular Mechanics had some pretty crazy ideas themselves such as personal helicopters and rooftop lakes.
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 12:42:55 AM »
I'd like to see you do the future according to what was thought up in the '50s and '60s.  They had some pretty wacky ideas such as jetpack mailmen and pogo cop cars.  Popular Mechanics had some pretty crazy ideas themselves such as personal helicopters and rooftop lakes.

Oh man, I don't think I'd be able to touch a retro-50s future setting in my works, as I feel Fallout already does it so well. And it's not like I could claim ignorance of Fallout, since I'm the lead writer of Fallout 2's most popular mod. I know the Fallout universe shakes things up by making it a post-apocalyptic version of a '50s and '60s retro-future, but still, the Fallout franchise is too close to my heart for me do to something so similar.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 05:32:23 AM »
198X has an obvious pronounciation, but how would you say 201X? Twenty-ten-X? Two thousand X-teen?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 10:28:02 AM »
198X has an obvious pronounciation, but how would you say 201X? Twenty-ten-X? Two thousand X-teen?

Yeah, it doesn't really work, does it? Some people have enough trouble when they try to read Satan Ninja 198X for the first time, until they realize the 198X refers to a year. I don't think many people would look at Satan Ninja 201X and correctly infer that 201X is supposed to be a year.

To answer your question, I'd go with... fuck, I don't know. I wouldn't do it.

On a related note, the original Megaman games take place in the year 20XX, which I always pronounced as either twenty-ex-ex or two-thousand-ex-ex. I was so confused the first time I heard Jessica pronounce it as twenty-ex-tee-ex.

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 09:06:55 AM »
We see in the years to come...

Heather Hyser gets elected mayor of River City in 200X.

Valery “Viper” Viperelli gets a job investigating government corruption(he knew the territory! ;) )

"Psycho Sam" is currently residing in the state nut house!!!

Stanley "Trance" Sheen heads up his own robotics firm and eventually buys out the Pizza Wizard franchise.

Dean Slater is appointed ambassador to Guam(at least that's what he says...)

Corey Cusack is River City Police commissioner

Eddie McCarthy has dropped off the radar and hasn't been heard from since...!

The rest I'll leave up to YOU! :)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 05:15:44 AM »
We see in the years to come...

Heather Hyser gets elected mayor of River City in 200X.

Valery “Viper” Viperelli gets a job investigating government corruption(he knew the territory! ;) )

"Psycho Sam" is currently residing in the state nut house!!!

Stanley "Trance" Sheen heads up his own robotics firm and eventually buys out the Pizza Wizard franchise.

Dean Slater is appointed ambassador to Guam(at least that's what he says...)

Corey Cusack is River City Police commissioner

Eddie McCarthy has dropped off the radar and hasn't been heard from since...!

The rest I'll leave up to YOU! :)

Heh, very interesting. Some odd choices there, especially Heather, Corey, and Dean. Anyway, I can't promise all these characters will survive 198X, let alone make it to 200X.