Author Topic: Karate Kickstarter  (Read 10992 times)

DragonLord1975

• Ninja Initiate
  • Welcome to Dragonland Studios
    • View Profile
Karate Kickstarter
« on: February 03, 2015, 02:58:18 PM »
With Satan Ninja 198X becoming a good series to read online, have you ever thought about putting it on Kickstarter?

Once the series is finished, you can make it like a real-live comic for people to buy on Kickstarter. Also, if you can find programmers, a game of Dude Shinobi like what I previous mentioned in a forum post.

Maybe YouTubers might make an independent movie off of this. Hopefully this idea will smell a knockout like Hai Karate.
"Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive."

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Karate Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 06:01:07 PM »
With Satan Ninja 198X becoming a good series to read online, have you ever thought about putting it on Kickstarter?

Once the series is finished, you can make it like a real-live comic for people to buy on Kickstarter. Also, if you can find programmers, a game of Dude Shinobi like what I previous mentioned in a forum post.

Maybe YouTubers might make an independent movie off of this. Hopefully this idea will smell a knockout like Hai Karate.

Assuming that Kickstarter is still a relevant thing by the time this comic wraps up, we'll certainly consider doing one in order to raise funds for a high quality collected physical release. But that's still a long ways off. In the meantime, we'll be releasing some individual issues in physical form. We'll be doing a second print run of the first issue soon, and this time we'll make sure to get enough made that we can offer to sell them through our website for those that are interested.

A Dude Shinobi brawler game would be a dream come true. Maybe someday...

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 03:38:22 AM »
Also, if you can find programmers, a game of Dude Shinobi like what I previous mentioned in a forum post.

A Dude Shinobi brawler game would be a dream come true. Maybe someday...

I can do some python programming. This needs to happen once my thesis corrections are in, if only it's just a test version for the concept..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 03:51:52 AM »
I can do some python programming. This needs to happen once my thesis corrections are in, if only it's just a test version for the concept..

Noted for the future. Ghoul actually does programming as well, and he's always wanted to make a game, so we might be all set in regards to that, assuming he isn't too busy if or when the time comes. The real issue would be the art. All that pixel art would take a lot of work, and that's time that Jessica would have to spend away from the comic. And I doubt she'd want anyone else to do the art.

I also note that you no longer seem to buy your science stuff from Bio-Rad. That's too bad.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 02:00:49 AM »

Noted for the future. Ghoul actually does programming as well, and he's always wanted to make a game, so we might be all set in regards to that, assuming he isn't too busy if or when the time comes. The real issue would be the art. All that pixel art would take a lot of work, and that's time that Jessica would have to spend away from the comic. And I doubt she'd want anyone else to do the art.

I also note that you no longer seem to buy your science stuff from Bio-Rad. That's too bad.

Oh brilliant! I'm not a pro or anything but it's definitely something to keep in mind.

We still do buy stuff from Bio-Rad but they don't sell many consumables. Also, I was getting goodle adds of Bio-Rad everywhere I went which was getting a bit annoying. Not sure if my link here has anything to do with it but I thought the point was made by now.. 

I'll put it back if the ads keep popping up, I didn't know people actually looked at signatures. 8)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 07:35:15 PM »
I'll put it back if the ads keep popping up, I didn't know people actually looked at signatures. 8)

I notice everything. Including that short period of time where you would quote me and alter my name to "Captain Emulation." It got a chuckle out of me.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 07:29:53 AM »

I notice everything. Including that short period of time where you would quote me and alter my name to "Captain Emulation." It got a chuckle out of me.

Cool! I'm glad to hear this. Although I don't do it to get a response every time it's good to know you have the eye for detail to notice these things. I'll keep putting these little easter eggs in and we can both enjoy these little jokes nobody will ever pay attention to..

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 03:40:49 PM »

Cool! I'm glad to hear this. Although I don't do it to get a response every time it's good to know you have the eye for detail to notice these things. I'll keep putting these little easter eggs in and we can both enjoy these little jokes nobody will ever pay attention to..

Haha while in the real world I try to notice everything, I usually don't pick up on little stuff online.  There is so many ads, useless info, and just plain garbage online that I've kinda trained myself just to look at the important stuff.  I did know you had the Bio-rad thing before but didn't notice it was gone now. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 05:18:00 PM »

Haha while in the real world I try to notice everything, I usually don't pick up on little stuff online.  There is so many ads, useless info, and just plain garbage online that I've kinda trained myself just to look at the important stuff.  I did know you had the Bio-rad thing before but didn't notice it was gone now.

I'll see if I can get a photo of me with the Bio-Rad gel doc system for you guys..  ;)

Ghoul

• Weblord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Satan Ninja 198X
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 06:39:01 PM »

Noted for the future. Ghoul actually does programming as well, and he's always wanted to make a game, so we might be all set in regards to that, assuming he isn't too busy if or when the time comes.

Yeah, I got my start in tech modding DooM and Half-Life back in the day and moved on to web stuff from there. Small scale game development is much more in reach these days. There are a lot of tools and resources for building out games and pushing them to all the platforms. This has resulted in a TON of competition and building a successful game is really difficult.

I do plan on helping to build the Satan Ninja game(s) some day  when the comic gets to that point. I've done quite a bit of research on modern game engine architectures and such...

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 05:00:13 AM »
I do plan on helping to build the Satan Ninja game(s) some day  when the comic gets to that point. I've done quite a bit of research on modern game engine architectures and such...

I probably shouldn't be talking about this too much publicly, but we totally gotta make that happen. It's really just a matter of finding the time. Someday...