Author Topic: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles take on Gridlock in "Operation Blue Line"  (Read 4841 times)

Gregg Samsa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud.
This is from 1990, but it's awfulness warrants its sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5qGh2iBJ7c#t=117.

Enjoy.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles take on Gridlock in "Operation Blue Line"
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 05:21:45 PM »
Wow. Jessica and I just watched that while we ate. That was total bullshit since the real Turtles live in New York, not LA. Their ninjutsu skills seemed spot on, but none of them had weapons and where was Splinter? Also, how come I had never heard of this badass villain named Gridlock?

Anyway, good find. I had no idea that existed. Which I suppose makes sense since it was obviously a local LA thing. Interesting that they got what sounds to be the actual voice actors, with the possible exception of Michelangelo. As we were watching it, we were wondering whose idea it was to make this video about LA's new transit system and market it to kids. What were they thinking?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:09:19 PM by Adam Dravian »

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles take on Gridlock in "Operation Blue Line"
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 06:50:55 PM »
Wow. I don't know what to think of that.  It's pretty awful, especially the costumes.  I'm sure if I was a kid I would have loved it because there wasn't anything TMNT related that I didn't go absolutely bat shit crazy over. 

I guess while TMNT fever wore well into the 90's it's still an 80's thing so it counts. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.