Author Topic: Hiatus Continues - New PDFs (or CBZ/CBR) Available & A New Minxy  (Read 12786 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hiatus Continues - New PDFs (or CBZ/CBR) Available & A New Minxy
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 04:53:55 PM »
GIFs are the optimum way to show differences between versions of drawings, and the timing is quite right here as well.

Also it took me about 5 minutes to realise there's a tiny update to Jackie Chaos's wrist in the second one. Well done..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 05:05:18 PM »
GIFs are the optimum way to show differences between versions of drawings, and the timing is quite right here as well.

Thanks, Science Dude! Every time I decide to make a GIF for the website, I have to re-look up how to do it. This time I wrote down step-by-step instructions. It's actually really simple. At least to make a two-frame GIF.

Also it took me about 5 minutes to realise there's a tiny update to Jackie Chaos's wrist in the second one. Well done..

Haha, I like the thought of you actually spending an entire five minutes watching the GIF flash back and forth. Yeah, I noticed the subtle wrist change on Jackie Chaos. I wonder what it was about that wrist highlight that compelled Jessica to get rid of it...

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 05:13:17 PM »
I wonder what it was about that wrist highlight that compelled Jessica to get rid of it...

I guess it distracted from other.. features in the image.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 07:07:29 PM »
I wonder what it was about that wrist highlight that compelled Jessica to get rid of it...

I guess it distracted from other.. features in the image.

His wrist just doesn't look like it would be producing that stark white highlight. I'm wondering if the highlight made more sense in some previous version of Jackie's line art before I cleaned it up, and I just forgot to erase it afterward or something.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 07:30:13 PM »
Really looking forward to issue 3.  I will probably be getting the downloads as soon as my nook is in WiFi range. 

I think the new version of Minxy is better.   She appears less anime and more typical 80's American.

Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »
Really looking forward to issue 3.  I will probably be getting the downloads as soon as my nook is in WiFi range. 

I think the new version of Minxy is better.   She appears less anime and more typical 80's American.

Thanks! Heh, a real American hero, if you will. Or villain.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 07:44:22 PM »

Yeah, Ket is already our token anime babe, so we can't have Minxy encroaching on Ket's territory, or else they might get into a cat fight and then there'd likely be wardrobe malfunctions ...

Hmm. I should totally re-write issue three to be one long cat fight between Ket and Minxy.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 07:50:36 PM »

Yeah, Ket is already our token anime babe, so we can't have Minxy encroaching on Ket's territory, or else they might get into a cat fight and then there'd likely be wardrobe malfunctions ...

Hmm. I should totally re-write issue three to be one long cat fight between Ket and Minxy.

We don't need more people thinking Ket is a cat girl. A dogfight would make more sense. Stick 'em in some fighter planes. Well, Minxy isn't a canid... nevermind, let's just stick to the current script.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:59:06 PM by Jessica Safron »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 12:27:26 PM »

That's from GI Joe isn't it? I think I remember that episode..

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 03:28:10 PM »

That's from GI Joe isn't it? I think I remember that episode..

Hell yeah it is. From the Cold Slither episode: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pjwrd

Synopsis from the G.I. Joe wiki:

The Joe team raids Cobra's secret vault (filled with stolen gold, artworks, and other sundry assets) and thus very nearly bankrupts the evil organization. In a desperate attempt to keep Cobra functioning and solvent, Cobra Commander "packages" Zartan and the Dreadnoks as a heavy metal band called "Cold Slither" and turns them loose as Pied Pipers on America's youth.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:34:37 PM by Jessica Safron »