Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 4 - Playing With Snacky  (Read 7199 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 4 - Playing With Snacky
« on: November 21, 2015, 01:25:41 AM »

Once upon a time, I fancied the notion of getting a pot-bellied pig as a pet (this might've been influenced by my love of the Ranma ½ anime). But then I read up on how to properly care for them and told that notion to fuck right off.

One of their favorite things to do is rut around in the ground for grubs and other gross shit to eat, so they require a lot of rutting area to be happy, and of course they'll totally fuck it up. That's why Eddie's back yard looks so shitty. I'm not the type of person to give a fuck about having a nice lawn (in fact, I'd be happy with a  lawn of nothing but rocks), but I don't plan on ever having a big enough yard to support a rut-happy pig. Also, pigs eat a fuck-ton and like to roll around in the mud and I'm way too much of a neat-freak to be cool with that.

So no pet piggy for me. Snacky Love will have to do.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 4 - Playing With Snacky
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 10:22:29 AM »
Why did you fancy getting a pig? I'd never even heard of them as pets until a few years ago..

Did he just summon the sword like that? I love how it has a bone-like pommel.

If I saw a neighbour with a sword saying they were playing with their pet I'd be worried.
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Ghoul

• Weblord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Satan Ninja 198X
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 04:12:42 PM »
Did Alex leap over that fence? That's impressive considering it looks as tall as the characters. She really does have sweet martial art skills.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 07:47:38 PM »
Why did you fancy getting a pig? I'd never even heard of them as pets until a few years ago..

In the US, there was a time during the 80s when adopting a pot-bellied pig became a minor fad. But these pigs were marketed in a way that led consumers to believe that they'd remain these cute tiny little guys. Of course the fad came to an end when people realized that these little piggies actually grow up to become big grunting monsters like Snacky.

So I sort of grew up with the idea that pigs could be pets. Plus (I'm pretty sure I mentioned this on the forums before), one of my neighbors had a big pet pig that would greet any new visitors to their house with aggression until that visitor fed it a jelly bean. So a jelly bean container was kept by the entrance of the house.

When I got older and learned that pigs are, on average, smarter than dogs, it seemed like it'd be neat to have a pig for a pet. Until I read about what a pain in the ass they are to care for properly.

Did he just summon the sword like that? I love how it has a bone-like pommel.

Yeah, he totally summoned the sword. He's doing it on the cover too. I assume it hangs out in whatever pocket dimension holds Optimus Prime's semi-trailer when he's not using it.

Did Alex leap over that fence? That's impressive considering it looks as tall as the characters. She really does have sweet martial art skills.

The sweetest! But how is leaping the fence more impressive than when she flipped through the air to Eddie's rescue in Issue 2?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:28:45 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 06:29:57 PM »
I appreciate the shitty lawn detail. :)