Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 7 - Exploding Bones  (Read 8756 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 7 - Exploding Bones
« on: December 22, 2015, 08:04:01 AM »

So it's obvious that ol' Mordy is re-forming, right? Because he totally is. And he's totally pissed. I like how unscathed his head/upper body is from that massive explosion though. That's one hell of a helmet.

That shot of Ket in the bounty hunter suit with the helmet off is similar to what you'd see if you managed to beat her NES bounty hunting game in under four hours. Beat it in under two and she'll be in her space-leotard. Beat it in under ten minutes and she'll jump out of the screen and rub her space-tits in your face. At least that's what I heard on the playground from Jason. But Jason's been known to make up bullshit before, so who really knows.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:09:27 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 7 - Exploding Bones
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 09:29:44 AM »
Is Ket's spaceship influenced by Barbie stuff? Malibu spaceship.
The starry background looks good. :) And so does the baddie's face, ugh, nightmare face.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 08:43:05 PM »
Is Ket's spaceship influenced by Barbie stuff? Malibu spaceship.

One of the inspirations was the pink ship from the Dirty Pair anime. (I'm attaching an image to this post, and I'd like to post it right here, but unfortunately attached images automatically go to the bottom of the post. I also noticed that you need to be logged in in order to see attached images.)

The starry background looks good. :) And so does the baddie's face, ugh, nightmare face.

If you look close, you can see his facial hair growing back from panel to panel.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 09:27:51 AM »
So it's obvious that ol' Mordy is re-forming, right? Because he totally is. And he's totally pissed. I like how unscathed his head/upper body is from that massive explosion though. That's one hell of a helmet.

Yes this is very clear, and it stands to reason he's not amused. How is he ever going to get to earth now? He could just have a massive headache from that explosion though, it's always hard to tell with undead space lords..

That shot of Ket in the bounty hunter suit with the helmet off is similar to what you'd see if you managed to beat her NES bounty hunting game in under four hours. Beat it in under two and she'll be in her space-leotard. Beat it in under ten minutes and she'll jump out of the screen and rub her space-tits in your face. At least that's what I heard on the playground from Jason. But Jason's been known to make up bullshit before, so who really knows.

My mum told me not to listen to Jason, nobody can finish that game in under ten minutes anyway so what does he know?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Mumm-Rad

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 01:13:12 PM »
If you look close, you can see his facial hair growing back from panel to panel.
I love the regeneration panels! Awesome details!

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 09:10:36 PM »

My mum told me not to listen to Jason, nobody can finish that game in under ten minutes anyway so what does he know?

True Story: When I was about seven or eight, my best friend was two years older than me—practically a teenager! So when he told me that the original Legend of Zelda had a secret boss that was a 50-headed gorilla, I believed him without question. Of course every time I tried to get him to show me it, he'd always come up with some excuse. The worst part is that I loved to draw all the Zelda enemies, and I wasn't about to neglect that secret boss. Such a pain in the ass drawing all fifty of those heads.

Also, since I now know you were one of those most unfortunate NES-less kids, here's the reference I was making in my original post: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Metroid/Endings

It was actually pretty shocking back in the mid-80s to discover at the end of the game that your badass bounty hunter character is actually a babe. It was one of the inspirations behind the way we introduce and eventually reveal Ket.