Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 10 - Ninja Power List  (Read 12259 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 10 - Ninja Power List
« on: January 24, 2016, 08:31:34 AM »

To help illustrate Eddie's new-found ninja-ness, Jessica decided to have Eddie sit in what I tend to think of as the "Spider-Man" pose. Which is fitting since it's occurred to me in recent years that Spider-Man seems to have been a big subconscious influence on Satan Ninja. When I thought about it, I was sort of amazed how much Eddie McCarthy has in common with high-school era Peter Parker.

Let's see... They're both unpopular high-school seniors with glasses. Both get picked on by a popular jock who happens to date the popular blonde girl that Eddie/Peter pines for (Liz Allan in  Peter's case; Veronica in Eddie's). They both are orphaned and live alone with an elderly female relative. They both accidentally get "super powers" that give them enhanced agility and strength and removes the need for them to wear their glasses... Shit.

The Amazing Spider-Man was the one comic that I read on a regular basis when I was a kid. So I guess I'm not too surprised. Still, the similarities weren't intentional. After all, Spider-Man isn't exactly '80s, even if it does contain a lot of the same '80s teen movie tropes that inspired Satan Ninja. I guess Spider-Man was just ahead of its time.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:47:13 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 10 - Ninja Power List
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 09:52:56 AM »
I guess it's not everyday a girl tells him "Sure, right after you spar with me" while taking off her kit, which is probably why he looks so surprised while his body posture betrays keenness..  8)
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Ghoul

• Weblord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Satan Ninja 198X
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 11:57:18 AM »
Ohhhh man the first battle versus the Satan Ninja is about to go down. Maybe Eddie will accidentally kill her. That would be a dramatic dark twist.

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 01:54:09 PM »
Is this the first page with the word "fuck"?

Eddie's Satan Ninja hair looks so awesome. I want to run my hands through what I would assume would have satanic levels of silkiness.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 07:04:48 PM »
I guess it's not everyday a girl tells him "Sure, right after you spar with me" while taking off her kit, which is probably why he looks so surprised while his body posture betrays keenness..  8)

I could infer what you meant, but still, I decided to look up "kit." You and your fancy Brit slang.

Ohhhh man the first battle versus the Satan Ninja is about to go down. Maybe Eddie will accidentally kill her. That would be a dramatic dark twist.

But then we'd need to change the title to Satan Ninja 200X, because Eddie would become all emo. He'd start cutting his arms and thighs with his satanic ninja stars because it's the only way he knows how to cope with the pain. Shit, he already sort of has the hair swoop going on. He'd just need to tame it a bit and make sure it's covering one eye.

Nope, it's been used quite a bit, actually. You got me curious, so I just did a quick search through the script documents. Here's a bit of random trivia for all of you:

"fuck" or one of its variants has been said...
14 times in Issue 1
24 times in Issue 2
And 4 times in Issue 3 so far.
That's 42 fucks given by our comic. Man, that's a whole lotta fucks.

Eddie's Satan Ninja hair looks so awesome. I want to run my hands through what I would assume would have satanic levels of silkiness.

Haha, who wouldn't want to feel satanic levels of silkiness?

Mumm-Rad

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 07:18:21 PM »

I am so glad you asked this question Rae. As a curiosity I revisited the entire comic to take "fuck" inventory.
Thanks Adam for posting the official word count!
I highly suggest a revisit for everyone to see all of the updated artwork.
Absolutely awesome Jessica!

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 08:05:24 AM »

I could infer what you meant, but still, I decided to look up "kit." You and your fancy Brit slang.

If I see Ket using that word in one of the upcoming pages I'll know that I've made a significant contribution to the contents..  8)

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 08:06:11 AM »
Can I also assume the sparring innuendo was on purpose then?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 08:14:10 AM »

Actually, Jessica decided to make it so that Alex isn't facing Eddie while doffing her jacket and saying her line, specifically in order to try and tone down the sexual innuendo.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 08:56:42 AM »

Actually, Jessica decided to make it so that Alex isn't facing Eddie while doffing her jacket and saying her line, specifically in order to try and tone down the sexual innuendo.

But then there are pervs like me who see euphemisms everywhere. I'll just shut up now..  :-X

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 03:45:58 PM »
But then there are pervs like me who see euphemisms everywhere. I'll just shut up now..  :-X

Yeah, what do you think this is, some kind of sexy comic?  ;)