Author Topic: Satan Ninja Promos Commentary Part 1: Pre-Production  (Read 9378 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Satan Ninja Promos Commentary Part 1: Pre-Production
« on: March 06, 2016, 02:02:54 PM »
Read the article here. Comment below!

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Satan Ninja Promos Commentary Part 1: Pre-Production
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 10:59:40 AM »
Oh man, the dad-mustache origin? Nice. ;P

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 03:41:24 PM »

Is that actually true? I have to say the eye patch suits you better..

The captions to the photos are little treasures in themselves, bane of my boner?

I think the Satan Ninja outfit worked out really well. I also wondered why Jessica enjoyed wearing that workout stuff so much to conventions but I have a confession to make (this sounds juicier than it is), I wear a lot of lycra when rowing and that stuff is actually really comfy!

Great photos as well, they're not grainy at all for example.
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 04:50:49 PM »

Is that actually true? I have to say the eye patch suits you better..

It's totally true. I looked for a mustache at local costume shops (it was getting close to Halloween time, so there were lots of them) but all the fake mustaches were terrible. Basically just a strip of fabric. So Jessica's mom volenteered to snip off some of her hair from the back of her head, and then Izzy glued it onto my face. It hurt like a fuckin' bitch when I had to tear it off, though.

And eye-patches and me have a long history together.

I think the Satan Ninja outfit worked out really well. I also wondered why Jessica enjoyed wearing that workout stuff so much to conventions but I have a confession to make (this sounds juicier than it is), I wear a lot of lycra when rowing and that stuff is actually really comfy!

Heh, I don't think Jessica wore it for comfort, since I can't imagine a thong-style anything being all that comfortable.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:37:10 PM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 04:54:16 PM »

Heh, I don't think Jessica wore it for comfort, since I can't imagine a thong-style anything being all that comfortable.

That's what I thought about lycra too. I wouldn't go so far as to wear thongs though..

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 05:46:43 PM »

That's what I thought about lycra too. I wouldn't go so far as to wear thongs though..

Sitting for long periods of time at conventions in that leotard was really uncomfortable. It felt like it wanted to split me in half the long way. But standing and being active in it felt totally fine, so I mostly did that. It's pretty handy having wears that matched my wares at conventions, and looking like a fun weirdo helps draw attention to the table and gives people something to talk about from the get-go (in addition to the wacky title of the comic itself).

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 03:53:59 AM »
... and looking like a fun weirdo helps draw attention to the table and gives people something to talk about from the get-go (in addition to the wacky title of the comic itself).

I think the bright colours alone would do that haha!