Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 15 - Dinner with Grandma  (Read 10435 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 15 - Dinner with Grandma
« on: March 12, 2016, 04:57:09 AM »

Taken at face value, this has to be the least appealing page title so far.

It's hard to tell what they're eating, but it's mac 'n' cheese with slices of hot dog. I like the fact that grandma felt it was necessary to don an apron to cook mac 'n' cheese.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 15 - Dinner with Grandma
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 01:47:57 PM »
Lol this page was unexpected.  I have a feeling that Grandma is not as senile as she wants people to think.   
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 02:15:11 PM »
<3 Grandma

Jake (Not the Snake)

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 10:53:05 PM »
Jessica I'm continually amazed by your work on facial expressions. Alex's faces in this page are wondrous, particularly the one in the wide shot.
Should I stay or should I go? "Everybody should get stoned"- Bob Dylan

Matty2310

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 10:22:08 AM »
You're sure right about that. Her expression is perfect. Speaking of Alex, any clues on who she's influenced by? She's a major character and I have no idea.
Damn (I keep saying that a lot don't I) Grandma can be really blunt and harsh. Also the picture of the pig in the background. Past beloved pet?
I listen to 80's music for a living, how about you?

Mumm-Rad

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 01:19:41 PM »
How could Gram forget about her souvenir love pig?! Signs of dementia? or is she almost caught telling a fib to give Eddie courage?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 02:34:41 PM »
I have a feeling that Grandma is not as senile as she wants people to think.   

How could Gram forget about her souvenir love pig?! Signs of dementia? or is she almost caught telling a fib to give Eddie courage?

Grandma's quirkiness will be explained a bit in an upcoming page.

Jessica I'm continually amazed by your work on facial expressions. Alex's faces in this page are wondrous, particularly the one in the wide shot.

Agreed. I've always felt that expressions are one of Jessica's strong points.

Speaking of Alex, any clues on who she's influenced by? She's a major character and I have no idea.

A lot of our main cast are more inspired by certain character tropes as opposed to particular icons of the '80s. We actually talked about some of Alex's influences in the podcast we were guests on.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:36:23 PM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 03:24:32 PM »
Love the pig-ture in the background as well, especially as it's clearly not Snacky. She's definitely blunt and rude but at least she's the same to everyone..

Maybe it's just gran's version of banter? I'll call it granter from now on..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 05:54:01 PM »
You're sure right about that. Her expression is perfect. Speaking of Alex, any clues on who she's influenced by? She's a major character and I have no idea.
Damn (I keep saying that a lot don't I) Grandma can be really blunt and harsh. Also the picture of the pig in the background. Past beloved pet?

Thanks, guys! Her face in the wide shot turned out to be my favorite too.

I haven't noticed too much damn-age, Matty. I probably say "God dammit" a hundred times a day in my nasally, strained Michigan accent.

Love the pig-ture in the background as well, especially as it's clearly not Snacky. She's definitely blunt and rude but at least she's the same to everyone..

Maybe it's just gran's version of banter? I'll call it granter from now on..

I think we just wanted grandma to have a thing for pigs. If I weren't such a slow-ass when it comes to drawing, I probably would've put way more knick-knacky pig-themed decorations all over the place.

"Granter," haha. I like it.