Author Topic: Twitch Streaming  (Read 7463 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Twitch Streaming
« on: March 24, 2016, 12:46:40 AM »
So Jessica and I have decided to take the plunge into the world of live streaming. Last night we streamed on Twitch for the first time, with Jessica drunkenly playing the steam port of Final Fantasy III (the real III, not FFVI, which was originally released on the SNES as III).

Holy shit, so many things went wrong. Controller issues, the game screen displaying nothing but black for minutes without us noticing, Jessica dying and having to start the game over from the very beginning because she never saved it... it was a bit of a mess. But hey, we did get a surprise cameo from Maddox, and our stream should only get better from here, right?

For anyone who's curious to witness the chaos, you can view the stream by going here and then clicking on "Previous Broadcasts." (Unless you're reading this over two weeks from now, in which case the video will be gone, as Twitch only saves videos for 14 days.)

Jessica also plans to stream herself doing art. If you sign up for Twitch and follow Jessica, you can choose to get an email notification everyone we go live.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Twitch Streaming
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 08:15:05 PM »
I don't know much about Twitch.  I do know that several YouTube channels I follow do live streams mostly of discuss anything topics and such but it seems to draw a favorable crowd.  Doing this type of stuff may lead to more supporters here. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 07:41:49 AM »
I had never heard of this either, what prompted you guys to do this?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 12:20:47 AM »
I had never heard of this either, what prompted you guys to do this?

Jessica has occasionally used Twitch (and similar services) to watch other artists live-stream their drawing sessions, and has been considering doing that herself for a long time. Also, sometimes Maddox streams himself playing video games on Twitch, and we've watched most of his streams.

Ever since Jessica started to get serious about making this comic, she hasn't really had time to play video games. After all, time she spends playing video games is time she could be drawing (probably the worst thing about being self-employed is that you're never truly "off the clock"). However, if she streams herself playing a game on Twitch, we can justify it to ourselves as being a form of marketing, since people who discover us through Twitch might then look into the comic. So this is a way Jessica can finally get through some of the games she's been wanting to play, while at the same time, do a bit of socializing. And there's also the potential for donations.

Basically, since we like playing video games anyway, and Twitch is mega-popular and full of people who enjoy watching others play video games, we thought it'd be fun to try it out. Jessica will also be streaming her art occasionally.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 03:03:14 PM »
probably the worst thing about being self-employed is that you're never truly "off the clock"

Yep, my father used to be self-employed. He worked outdoors though so he'd just be away a lot of the time..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 04:34:37 AM »
And we're streaming again right now.

Edit: Not anymore.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 04:50:24 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 11:28:19 AM »
And we're streaming again right now.

Edit: Not anymore.

That was at 4:34 where I am, no wonder I missed it.. :-\

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 04:17:56 AM »
That was at 4:34 where I am, no wonder I missed it.. :-\

Yeah, so far we'd only streamed when it's already really late here. We're going to try to stream earlier sometime.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 07:43:34 AM »
Maybe we should Twitch stream watching your Twitch stream live..