Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 29 - Street Brawling  (Read 26046 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 29 - Street Brawling
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 08:23:02 AM »
Here I am!  Anyways, I think that it's totally cool seeing Eddie kicking Viper and his gang's ass.

Whoa, I don't think Viper would be pleased with you getting him confused with Razor. And saying that he's gotten his ass kicked too, why Viper would sue for slander. Except he wouldn't, because he's a bad ass and suing someone is probably the least badass way to handle a gripe.

But seriously, if you think about this situation, Eddie and Sam are kind of being the bullies here. They went out specifically looking for trouble, and when they don't have any luck, Sam decides to instigate a confrontation by stripping down to his underwear. Not to say that Razor and his alternative posse don't deserve to get a little ass-kicking...

Besides, I can't blame Eddie for wanting a chance to use his newfound ninja powers by beating up some creeps.

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 11:13:26 AM »
Here I am!  Anyways, I think that it's totally cool seeing Eddie kicking Viper and his gang's ass.

Whoa, I don't think Viper would be pleased with you getting him confused with Razor. And saying that he's gotten his ass kicked too, why Viper would sue for slander. Except he wouldn't, because he's a bad ass and suing someone is probably the least badass way to handle a gripe.

But seriously, if you think about this situation, Eddie and Sam are kind of being the bullies here. They went out specifically looking for trouble, and when they don't have any luck, Sam decides to instigate a confrontation by stripping down to his underwear. Not to say that Razor and his alternative posse don't deserve to get a little ass-kicking...

Besides, I can't blame Eddie for wanting a chance to use his newfound ninja powers by beating up some creeps.

Apologies for the mix-up.  I should've known better than to make that kind of mistake.  I promise that I'll never confuse the two of them again.  After all, I actually like Viper as he's a total badass-I can't wait for his next appearance.  Razor on the other hand, is a total dickwad who deserved some kind of retribution after the stunt he pulled at the Pizza Wizard.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 11:24:29 AM by Magnetron »
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 01:00:39 AM »
Apologies for the mix-up.  I should've known better than to make that kind of mistake.  I promise that I'll never confuse the two of them again.  After all, I actually like Viper as he's a total badass-I can't wait for his next appearance.  Razor on the other hand, is a total dickwad who deserved some kind of retribution after the stunt he pulled at the Pizza Wizard.

No worries, dude. It's not hard to make that sort of mistake when there are a bunch of characters with names like, Viper, Razor, Toxic, etc. Hell, Viper's original name was Blake, and it took Jessica and I a super long time to stop calling him that.

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 07:53:13 PM »

No worries, dude. It's not hard to make that sort of mistake when there are a bunch of characters with names like, Viper, Razor, Toxic, etc. Hell, Viper's original name was Blake, and it took Jessica and I a super long time to stop calling him that.

Thanks for being so understanding.  At any rate, I'll keep in mind that Viper=good and Razor=bad.
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 06:00:28 PM »
At that moment,the sound of a police siren can be heard in the distance...! Razor yells out: "COPS! Let's bail!!!"

Also at that moment, Eddie grabs Sam, later collects his clothes and duck into an old building so that the psycho one can get dressed.
Then they slip out a door on another side to avoid Razor's gang and the police!!!!

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 08:18:49 PM »
At that moment,the sound of a police siren can be heard in the distance...! Razor yells out: "COPS! Let's bail!!!"

Also at that moment, Eddie grabs Sam, later collects his clothes and duck into an old building so that the psycho one can get dressed.
Then they slip out a door on another side to avoid Razor's gang and the police!!!!

I take it this is your prediction for the next page? Interesting. We'll have to see how close you are.

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 11:49:28 PM »

I take it this is your prediction for the next page? Interesting. We'll have to see how close you are.

Or maybe it'll be like the NES game Urban Champion and everybody will just stand around pretending that nothing's happening; and then the fighting resumes once the police car leaves. 

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2016, 05:01:43 AM »
Or maybe it'll be like the NES game Urban Champion and everybody will just stand around pretending that nothing's happening; and then the fighting resumes once the police car leaves.

Whoa, I'm surprised that I'm totally unfamiliar with Urban Champion. I just read up on it and looked up a YouTube video. That's some pretty basic street brawling, but at least it has lots of punching dudes into manholes action.

Eh, maybe I should've worded that last sentence differently ...

Anyway, it's pretty incredible how much the street brawling genre had improved just a few years later when Double Dragon came out.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2016, 06:14:13 AM »
Eh, maybe I should've worded that last sentence differently ...

Anyway, it's pretty incredible how much the street brawling genre had improved just a few years later when Double Dragon came out.

No,  it's perfect.

Double Dragon was great, I had a version on my game boy and played it over and over again..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2016, 09:17:05 AM »
Dang, I meant to post to this thread waaay sooner. Then I thought "Uh-oh, I better make good on not slowing down with the next page!!" then forgot to make the post and took too long on the page again anyway. I'm still going to continue to try different things to get faster, as always.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for being so sweetly supportive and understanding. And to thank you dudes who decided to join the Patreon party! I'm so grateful we have such awesome fans.

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2016, 10:57:48 PM »
Quick question: if this Web Comic really does take place in River City, then how come nobody ever says, "BARF!" after getting beaten up?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2016, 10:09:29 AM »
Quick question: if this Web Comic really does take place in River City, then how come nobody ever says, "BARF!" after getting beaten up?

Oh man, River City Ransom just might be my favorite NES game. Definitely in my top five. However, the River City of the comic is mostly inspired by our home city of Grand Rapids, which has a river flowing through it, earning River City as one of its nicknames. Lots of cities have that nickname so it seems suitably generic for our purposes, and of course it has the extra bonus of calling to mind one of the greatest NES games of all time. However, it'd probably be best for us to avoid referencing River City Ransom too heavily since that's Scott Pilgrim's thing.