Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 24 - Sucky Girl  (Read 8488 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 24 - Sucky Girl
« on: June 04, 2016, 06:32:43 AM »

Jessica ended up having a rough week, which is why this page took longer than expected to finish. It's actually not completely finished yet, as Jessica still wants to add more detail to Alex's room, but we thought it'd be better to post it now and then update it later, rather than keep you waiting any longer. It's updated. Jessica will probably add another poster at some point, but it's good for now.

The April bonus comic on Jessica's Patreon takes place between this page and the previous one. You could sort of think of it as a deleted scene. It's canon, but it's not necessary to the plot.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:56:59 PM by Adam Dravian »

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 24 - Sucky Girl
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 12:57:16 PM »
Those two ninjas are spying on her?!?!?!?

The one ninja is like: "Maybe I should 've brought  my camera!"

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 08:01:48 PM »
Jessica had a hard time walking the fine line between making Alex's makeup job bad because she doesn't know what she'd doing, but not so bad that she seems incredibly dumb. I think she did a great job. And holy shit, some of those panels of Alex posing are delightfully cringy.

Those two ninjas are spying on her?!?!?!?

Just doing their ninja duty of scoping out the neighborhood, searching for a magical ninja glove, and, of course, putting to rest their argument over her gender.

Mumm-Rad

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 07:25:45 PM »
Uh-oh peeping ninjas!!!! :-*

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 04:21:16 PM »
This page is actually pretty good,  even though Alex's actions here might seem a bit cringe worthy it plays right up just about all the 80's teen movies and we get to see a little of how much Alex could look like Heather if she so choose to go down that path, and not the Tom Boy ninja next door thing. 

I think the Ninja's take the page though.  Jess you did great on the facial expressions again.  It seems more than just who won the bet showing those expressions.  The chick ninja is amused as I'm presuming she may have gone through a similar phase of life while the dude is just like WTF is going on here.  it seems more than just who won the bet showing those expressions.  So much for such a small panel. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 09:58:40 AM »
I'd just like to clarify that the title "Sucky Girl" isn't me casting a judgement on Alex (I love Alex--I'm basically her dad). I was originally going to title it "Suck at Being a Girl," which is taken from her quote, but then I thought it'd be funny to shorten it to just "Sucky Girl."

This page is actually pretty good,  even though Alex's actions here might seem a bit cringe worthy it plays right up just about all the 80's teen movies and we get to see a little of how much Alex could look like Heather if she so choose to go down that path, and not the Tom Boy ninja next door thing. 

I think the Ninja's take the page though.  Jess you did great on the facial expressions again.  It seems more than just who won the bet showing those expressions.  The chick ninja is amused as I'm presuming she may have gone through a similar phase of life while the dude is just like WTF is going on here.  it seems more than just who won the bet showing those expressions.  So much for such a small panel.

Great comment, dude.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 02:52:12 AM »
This page has been updated a bit. Jessica was bothered by how Alex's bra looked, so she fixed that, and she also gave Alex's room a bit more color and a she added another poster.