Author Topic: Radicast 198X Episode 1 - Death Wish 3  (Read 9931 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Radicast 198X Episode 1 - Death Wish 3
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 07:59:12 PM »
I have not saw the Death Wish series in a long time, but you guy's did an excellent job jogging my memory. 

I really enjoy you guy's doing a podcast,  it's very natural and knowing you guy's I could easily picture being in a discussion with you guy's during this.

Next step would be doing a live stream so you could interact with fans. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 09:05:48 PM »
I have not saw the Death Wish series in a long time, but you guy's did an excellent job jogging my memory. 

I really enjoy you guy's doing a podcast,  it's very natural and knowing you guy's I could easily picture being in a discussion with you guy's during this.

Thanks! We've recorded three more, and I think we've gotten better as we've gone along, so that's promising.

Next step would be doing a live stream so you could interact with fans.

Ah, but we'd first need to have enough fans to make sure there'd be someone to actually interact with.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 05:00:48 PM »
Radicast, love the name!

I vaguely remember seeing the first Death Wish and suddenly remember how tacky I thought it was. This trailer really confirmed it.

So you're reviewing a movie that plays out in a neighbourhood full of punks that bother people for sport at the same time your web comic features a neighbourhood full of punks that bother people for sport. Is this a coincidence or are we going to see references to comic pages in your choice of movies more often?

Good job guys!
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 01:55:30 AM »
Radicast, love the name!

Thanks! I came up with a big list of possiblities, but that was the one I could get Jessica to agree with. She's a picky one.

I vaguely remember seeing the first Death Wish and suddenly remember how tacky I thought it was. This trailer really confirmed it.

That first one was a lot more serious. Not nearly as over the top as Death Wish 3. It's crazy that they're even directed by the same dude.

So you're reviewing a movie that plays out in a neighbourhood full of punks that bother people for sport at the same time your web comic features a neighbourhood full of punks that bother people for sport. Is this a coincidence or are we going to see references to comic pages in your choice of movies more often?

Total coincidence, but a good one. Speaking of punks harassing people, Jessica's putting the final touches on the new page as I type this. We thought for sure it'd be up by Saturday this time, but of course stuff happened this weekend that delayed things.

Good job guys!

Thanks! So you listened to it?

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 03:01:18 AM »
Good job guys!

Thanks! So you listened to it?

I listened to the first half before I was interrupted, but I intend to listen to the second half today!

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 09:16:35 AM »
Thanks for listening, guys! I think I remember this podcast episode getting a little better in the second half, so I hope you finish it up, Rijst!

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 10:57:34 AM »
Thanks for listening, guys! I think I remember this podcast episode getting a little better in the second half, so I hope you finish it up, Rijst!

I did and it was grand! It reminded me I love watching these horrible movies with a beer and a few pals and just laugh our arses off. I think peak-shittiness was reached when I rented "The Convent" on video and did just that (trailer). Hilarious!

You guys would probably love it..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:59:26 AM by Rijst »

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »

I did and it was grand! It reminded me I love watching these horrible movies with a beer and a few pals and just laugh our arses off. I think peak-shittiness was reached when I rented "The Convent" on video and did just that (trailer). Hilarious!

You guys would probably love it..

I've never seen The Convent, but I just watched the trailer. Wow, that pretty much epitomizes the trashy straight-to-DVD stuff that was coming out around 2000. I was surprised to see Adrienne Barbeau in it. She was in a bunch of early '80s cult films (The Fog, Swamp Thing, Creep Show, Escape From New York). She always had that terrible '80s poof hair, but it was pretty easy to overlook because she was always showing off her impressive jugs.