Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 28 - Sam's Apology  (Read 22992 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 28 - Sam's Apology
« on: July 18, 2016, 06:47:51 PM »

What a terrible apology. Poor Jennifer.

Originally, we thought of calling the page "Wiener Time" but that kind of spoils the joke. Plus, someone scrolling through the archive might mistakenly think the page features the SN8X parody of the '80s video game Burger Time, and then be all disappointed.

By the way, for those who don't know, Burger Time was an arcade game where you play a chef that's being chased around by angry giant personified hotdogs and eggs as you try to put together giant hamburgers by running over top of them. It's pretty rad.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 28 - Sam's Apology
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 02:34:22 AM »
This made me laugh out loud. Wiener time, the looks on their faces, the tacky punch line, the heroic pose and perspective, it's perfect!
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 10:55:22 PM »
This made me laugh out loud. Wiener time, the looks on their faces, the tacky punch line, the heroic pose and perspective, it's perfect!

Thanks, Science Dude! You're perfect!

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 10:59:23 PM »

That makes me so happy to hear. Thank you. :D

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 08:26:29 AM »
Toxic don't look impressed! She probably seen worse!!!  ;)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 04:42:17 AM »
Toxic don't look impressed! She probably seen worse!!!  ;)

Toxic has definitely seen her share.

Wiener time

It occurred to me just a moment ago that a previous "wiener" joke I made in the comic was during issue one, and it was Jennifer who was the wiener-spouting culprit. And now here she is, on the receiving end of the wiener...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:07:13 PM by Adam Dravian »

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 09:05:40 AM »

Wiener time

It occurred to me just a moment ago that a previous "wiener" joke I made in the comic was during issue one, and it was Jennifer who was the wiener-spouting culprit. And now her she is, on the receiving end of the wiener...

Oh, she definitely received the first wiener, as well.

jamesadickerson

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 12:41:44 AM »
I just want to say that your webcomic is pretty freaking awesome! Definitely one of the best ones I've seen in a really long time. From the art, the story and dialogue, to the web design. How often do you guys update?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 03:49:48 AM »
I just want to say that your webcomic is pretty freaking awesome! Definitely one of the best ones I've seen in a really long time. From the art, the story and dialogue, to the web design.

Thanks! That's awesome to hear. How'd you discover our mega obscure but mega radical comic? Also, welcome to the forums, dude!

How often do you guys update?

Since we launched the website, the goal has been to put out a new page every Saturday. But we just recently changed that to a more vague "one page a week. Usually."

I'm actually going to be writing a blog post soon that'll go into more detail about why we've made that change. But the short version is that Jessica's going to strive to produce a page a week, and we'll post them as soon as they're ready (you can sign up for our mailing list to get notified as soon as a new page goes live). Hopefully, we'll be able to work things out so that we can get back to steady Saturday updates.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:43:21 AM by Adam Dravian »

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 07:21:31 AM »
Quick question-Have you ever created characters based on family and/or friends?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 11:37:24 AM »
Quick question-Have you ever created characters based on family and/or friends?

Yeah, actually. Psycho Sam was originally based on one of my best high school friends, who's also named Sam. Back around 2000, when this story was a movie script I wrote called Dark Relic, I had intended for my friend to play a fictionalized version of himself. However, the movie never ended up getting made. Years later, when Jessica and I decided to resurrect the story and turn it into a badass comic book, we kept the character of Psycho Sam, but changed him up to fit the '80s setting and so that he'd resemble my buddy less.

And of course, Dude Shinobi is based on me. But I'm sure that's obvious to everyone as he's pretty much an exact clone.

jamesadickerson

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 03:26:06 PM »
How'd you discover our mega obscure but mega radical comic?
I came across your webcomic while browsing http://www.topwebcomics.com

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 09:09:40 PM »
How'd you discover our mega obscure but mega radical comic?
I came across your webcomic while browsing http://www.topwebcomics.com

Whoa, I wasn't expecting that. You must've really been digging deep through that site, since we've yet to announce to our fans that we're listed there, or encourage anyone to go there and vote for us. We'll have to make a button for that soon. I see they've updated the site, so we'll also have to make a bigger banner to fit the new format.

Anyway, glad you were able to find us!

jamesadickerson

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 01:51:25 AM »
You must've really been digging deep through that site, since we've yet to announce to our fans that we're listed there, or encourage anyone to go there and vote for us.

Pretty much. It's on an open tab and when I have time I go through the listings bookmarking webcomics that I think might be decent, starting from where I left off, and it's rare that I see one that I love as much as yours. Unfortunately I binge-read your comic, and got to the end too fast   :-\ Now I have "show hole" (if that can be applied to webcomics)...

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 08:16:07 AM »
Pretty much. It's on an open tab and when I have time I go through the listings bookmarking webcomics that I think might be decent, starting from where I left off, and it's rare that I see one that I love as much as yours. Unfortunately I binge-read your comic, and got to the end too fast   :-\ Now I have "show hole" (if that can be applied to webcomics)...

Well I just so happen to have some great suggestions for how you (and others in your predicament!) can help fill that SN8X-shaped void in your soul:

• If you haven't already, explore the depths of the site to make such rad discoveries as character bios, live-action promo videos, SN8X interviews, '80s movie reviews (both in article and podcast flavors), a rather excessive FAQ, among other wonders!
  • Re-read the comic and this time check out the commentary for each page to see all the witty (and insightful!) comments.
  • Re-read the comic while noting the various tropes and adding those to the Satan Ninja 198X TV Tropes page (a badass fan of ours created it, but no tropes have been added yet :'( ).
  • Become a big-time Hollywood producer and then approach us with an irresistible offer for us to write and direct a big budget movie adaptation of SN8X.
  • Write an erotic Satan Ninja fan fiction novel, and then change the names of the characters to hide the fact it's based on the Satan Ninja intellectual property and publish it to poor reviews but massive success.
  • Go out and find your very own Shinobi Fist of Hellpower and then become a Satan Ninja, rendering this comic unappealing to you because you live the "real deal."

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:17:54 AM by Adam Dravian »