Author Topic: You guys rock!  (Read 10532 times)

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
You guys rock!
« on: July 29, 2016, 11:14:47 PM »
Hey Adam and Jessica!  Greetings from Canada!

I've been checking out this site for a while and I've finally decided to stop being a lurker and actually become a member.  I just want to say that I love what you two are doing and I always look forward to seeing new pages.  I understand that sometimes putting out new pages can take a while, but rest assured I'm not going to lose patience and give up on you guys.  I plan on sticking around for the long haul.  I can really tell that Satan Ninja 198X is a true labour of love and I appreciate all the effort that you two put into it.  Keep up the great work!

"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: You guys rock!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 11:27:45 PM »
Hey Adam and Jessica!  Greetings from Canada!

I've been checking out this site for a while and I've finally decided to stop being a lurker and actually become a member.  I just want to say that I love what you two are doing and I always look forward to seeing new pages.  I understand that sometimes putting out new pages can take a while, but rest assured I'm not going to lose patience and give up on you guys.  I plan on sticking around for the long haul.  I can really tell that Satan Ninja 198X is a true labour of love and I appreciate all the effort that you two put into it.  Keep up the great work!

Whoa, thanks a lot, you just made our fucking night, dude! Thanks for de-lurking and joining the party. It's a small party, but it has the raddests of guests.

Now I'll ask my go-to question when a new member joins: how did you first discover us?

Nice avatar. Arthas, right? I loved Warcraft III, but never got into World of Warcraft like several of my friends did. I've always been a bit resentful of its extreme success because that robbed the world of a proper Warcraft IV.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:33:36 PM by Adam Dravian »

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 12:13:29 AM »
I discovered Satan Ninja through Maddox.  Also, I hate to admit that I've never played Warcraft (The only Blizzard games that I have played are Diablo and Diablo 2).  I just chose the avatar because I thought it looked badass.   
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 12:38:10 AM »
I discovered Satan Ninja through Maddox.

Awesome. Some of our best fans discovered us through Maddox, so you're in good company. Do you listen to Maddox's podcast?

Also, I hate to admit that I've never played Warcraft (The only Blizzard games that I have played are Diablo and Diablo 2).  I just chose the avatar because I thought it looked badass.

Haha, no problem. I wasn't ever able to get into the Diablo games. I gave 'em a shot, but the whole endless clicking on monsters in hopes of finding better loot grind just didn't appealed to me. But my favorite Blizzard games might actually be The Lost Vikings and Blackthorne, both from the SNES era.

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 12:55:37 AM »
Awesome. Some of our best fans discovered us through Maddox, so you're in good company. Do you listen to Maddox's podcast?

I have listened to a number of episodes from his old podcast as well as his new podcast.  I think that Maddox is a great debater and  I like how prepared he is whenever he makes an argument for or against something.  I also love his reactions when people make fun of him or say something he disagrees with.  I also like Sean.  He seems like a cool guy.  Dick Masterson had his moments on the old podcast, but overall I wasn't a big fan of his.  I'm kind of curious as to why Maddox no longer works with Dick though.

Haha, no problem. I wasn't ever able to get into the Diablo games. I gave 'em a shot, but the whole endless clicking on monsters in hopes of finding better loot grind just didn't appealed to me.

That's true.  Another issue that I had was figuring out what to do with all the gems and runes that I got.  I always had a hard time figuring out to how utilize them because I was too worried that I would fuck something up.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 08:42:40 PM »
I have listened to a number of episodes from his old podcast as well as his new podcast.  I think that Maddox is a great debater and  I like how prepared he is whenever he makes an argument for or against something.  I also love his reactions when people make fun of him or say something he disagrees with.  I also like Sean.  He seems like a cool guy.  Dick Masterson had his moments on the old podcast, but overall I wasn't a big fan of his.  I'm kind of curious as to why Maddox no longer works with Dick though.

Jessica and I became big fans of Biggest Problem shortly after Maddox launched it. It's the first podcast we ever really got into and followed on a consistent basis. I thought Dick and Maddox made an awesome duo, with just enough of a discrepancy between their personalities to make for an entertaining show. It was a total bummer when they had their falling out and the show ended, not only because it was our favorite show, but also because we had arranged to be guests on it.

Best Debate got off to a really rough start with the first episode, probably because it was rushed out during a time of duress, but I hope most people gave it a chance beyond that, because it got vastly better with the follow up episodes. The Dick Show is good too, but if you're not a fan of Dick, then I guess it wouldn't offer much for you. Asterios has done some great bits for it though. His Marvel Press release he did a couple episodes ago was one of my favorite bits he's ever done.

Make sure not to miss certain episodes that'll come in mid-to-late October, as I heard those will be extra radical...

Haha, no problem. I wasn't ever able to get into the Diablo games. I gave 'em a shot, but the whole endless clicking on monsters in hopes of finding better loot grind just didn't appealed to me.

That's true.  Another issue that I had was figuring out what to do with all the gems and runes that I got.  I always had a hard time figuring out to how utilize them because I was too worried that I would fuck something up.

I don't remember the gem or rune system. I guess I didn't play the games for long enough. I remember wanting to like them, because I loved the dark fantasy aesthetics, but the gameplay just wasn't for it. Now I get my dark fantasy fix with the Dark Souls games.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 09:12:31 AM »
Hey I also ended up here through a shout out by Maddox. Welcome!

Fun fact, "magnetron" is the Dutch word for a microwave.  8)
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 09:10:19 PM »
Hey I also ended up here through a shout out by Maddox. Welcome!

Thanks!  I'm really glad that I've decided to be a part of something that's totally rad!

Fun fact, "magnetron" is the Dutch word for a microwave.

I discovered the word magnetron and its meaning when I was eating out with my dad and some Dutch relatives at a restaurant in the Netherlands in 2009.  I absolutely loved that word because I thought it sounded really cool.  I still think it sounds cool and that's pretty much why I chose it as my username.  Also, now that I think of it, I probably should've used a picture of a microwave as my avatar.

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 09:49:52 PM »
Make sure not to miss certain episodes that'll come in mid-to-late October, as I heard those will be extra radical...

So you and Jessica are going to be on the Best Debate podcast or the Dick Show?  Or both? 

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 02:32:39 AM »

That is awesome. It makes microwave sound all wimpy. That's it, I'm converting. No more wimpy microwaves in my place, only magnetrons. Hell yeah, heating up Beefaroni just got way more badass.

So you and Jessica are going to be on the Best Debate podcast or the Dick Show?  Or both? 

Possibly both, but we'll be on at least one of those for sure. Unless, like, some sorta catastrophe happens.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 07:43:42 AM »

That is awesome. It makes microwave sound all wimpy. That's it, I'm converting. No more wimpy microwaves in my place, only magnetrons. Hell yeah, heating up Beefaroni just got way more badass.

You should mispronounce it and stress the first syllable though, Dutch stresses the last syllable which makes it sound a bit lame in my not-so-humble opinion..
Excellent username. I wish more people referred to themselves using words for utterly mundane things..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 08:28:10 PM »
You should mispronounce it and stress the first syllable though, Dutch stresses the last syllable which makes it sound a bit lame in my not-so-humble opinion..

Well of course I'm going to pronounce it to sound as much like Megatron as possible.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 05:14:16 AM »

Well of course I'm going to pronounce it to sound as much like Megatron as possible.

This is how it sounds the best anyway..