Author Topic: Attack of the cyber octopuses  (Read 9785 times)

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Attack of the cyber octopuses
« on: March 30, 2017, 11:46:38 AM »
I just ran into this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/piovesan/attack-of-the-cyber-octopuses. Unfortunately it's too late to back this project but definitely excited about this!

In case you're wondering, it was linked to on Twitter by a cyber punk artist called Archo-Logic. Worth checking out in itself..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Attack of the cyber octopuses
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 09:11:06 PM »
Nice. I love that they're shooting in real locations, using practical effects, and playing it straight. Kinda weird that they went with such a campy '50s b-movie name, though.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 03:45:59 AM »
Kinda weird that they went with such a campy '50s b-movie name, though.

Are you saying they're not being true to the 80s? Maybe this started off as a joke coming up with the name and they were kind of stuck with it..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 06:11:21 PM »
Are you saying they're not being true to the 80s?

Yeah, "Attack of the [insert silly monster]" screams '50s b-movie to me, not so much '80s sci-fi. It's especially odd to me since the director said in the video that he's playing it straight and not trying to make a spoof.

Maybe this started off as a joke coming up with the name and they were kind of stuck with it..

That's possible. They obviously made the teaser trailer before heading to kickstarter, but they could have easily decided to give the kickstarted project a different title from the teaser trailer. I'm guessing they just like the name.