Author Topic: Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 5 - Wolf Demon Battle  (Read 6701 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 5 - Wolf Demon Battle
« on: November 17, 2017, 07:55:22 PM »

This battle could’ve easily eaten up five or six pages, but we decided to keep it short and sweet. Like I said in my previous page commentary, there’s lots of ground to cover this issue.

There are a few reasons we wanted to have Eddie’s first demon battle take place in the school’s gym:

1. Don’t have to worry about space.
2. Get to showcase some rad ‘80s gym outfits.
3. Teenwolf.

As I’m sure I’ve said before, Teenwolf (1985) was a huge influence on our comic. In fact, you could almost sum up SN8X by saying it’s like Teenwolf, except the main dude becomes a badass ninja with satanic powers instead of a werewolf that’s awesome at basketball.

Of course, there’s a lot more to SN8X than that, but it gets the general gist across. Jessica and I aren’t even huge fans of Teenwolf, but we love the general concept. It’s just so fucking absurd and it hits on a lot of the ‘80s teen movie tropes.

So as a little tribute to Teenwolf, Eddie’s first real battle is against a werewolf-like demon in the high school gym.

By the way, the black dude in the final panel is Francis, and the guy with the dark hair (who was doing pushups on the previous page) is Heather’s boyfriend, Ryan. We’ve seen them both previously at Kyle Connor’s pool party.

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 5 - Wolf Demon Battle
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 12:40:14 PM »
Nearly attacked by a devil wolf and Veronica is worried about her shirt???

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 05:12:51 PM »
We posted this page last night, but then Jessica realized she needed to add some action lines, so I held off on sending out notifications until we posted the updated version today. So if you viewed the outdated version, you might have to force your browser to full refresh (press Ctrl+F5, [or if you have a laptop like mine that hijacks the F5 key for something else, you can hold Ctrl while pressing the browser refresh button]) in order to see the updated one.

Nearly attacked by a devil wolf and Veronica is worried about her shirt???

Heh. Well, that's Veroncia for you.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:31:22 PM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 03:25:33 PM »
If this doesn't say "oh fuck" then I don't know what does..  8)
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?