Author Topic: State of the Comic - Feb. 2018  (Read 19226 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
State of the Comic - Feb. 2018
« on: February 04, 2018, 03:15:29 AM »
Jessica’s been having health issues that’ve gotten worse over the past year. Nothing life threatening or anything, but she ended up having a bad reaction to some medication that was supposed to help her, so she’s been in total Bummerville these past few months.

That’s why things have been so quiet around here. She’s trying a different medication now, and we’re hopeful that she’ll soon be able to ninja flip her way back to Healthyland. Then she’ll resume kicking ass on the comic.

But for now, she’s going to focus on feeling better.

Now to end on some rad news: Comicon.com selected Satan Ninja 198X as one of the eight best webcomics of 2017! We’ve also booked a table at the Anime Midwest convention in Chicago, so if you’re in the area the weekend of July 6th, you should totally visit us.

Matty2310

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: State of the Comic - Feb. 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 07:07:00 PM »
That's understandable. Congrats on being a top picked webcomic, it deserves it.
I listen to 80's music for a living, how about you?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 04:31:13 AM »
Thanks, Australian Dude!

Also, at least we've left Eddie in a very happy place for now.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 04:43:31 AM »
Oh man, sounds like you guys are having a hard time.

Best of luck getting your lives back on track, take the time you need!
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 04:44:30 AM »
And congrats on being comic on the year, must be great to see your hard work getting noticed out there.
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 01:02:17 AM »
Oh man, sounds like you guys are having a hard time.

Best of luck getting your lives back on track, take the time you need!

Thanks, Scientist Dude!

The hardest thing about this for me is that I hate being so helpless as I watch my favorite babe struggle with this stuff. All I can do is smother her in the radiant love beams of my Care Bear Stare.

And congrats on being comic on the year, must be great to see your hard work getting noticed out there.

Hell yeah!

The timing could've been a bit better though...

EDIT: To any of Jessica's patrons who are reading this--catching up on her Patreon rewards is her top priority (aside from getting better). The going will be slow for the time being, but she absolutely intends to fulfill every reward.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:07:37 AM by Adam Dravian »

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 11:18:18 PM »
Thanks for the update.  I hope that all goes well for the both of you.  I look forward to whatever you guys have in store for the comic, however long it takes. 

Now to end on some rad news: Comicon.com selected Satan Ninja 198X as one of the eight best webcomics of 2017! We’ve also booked a table at the Anime Midwest convention in Chicago, so if you’re in the area the weekend of July 6th, you should totally visit us.

Congratulations on the accomplishment!  I also hope that you and Jessica have a blast at the convention!
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 06:31:30 PM »
Let us know when Jessica is kicking up her heels...!

LyOni

• Ninja Initiate
  • XoloChicloso
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 12:21:10 AM »
It's sad to hear that you are having a hard time, but I hope that everything turns better.
My best wishes for Jessica. 

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 09:27:26 PM »
Thanks everyone. As I just said in a thread on the Discuss Anything forum, things are looking up for Jessica, and she's easing herself back in to doing art.

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 08:53:23 AM »
It’s been over a month since the last post, so I’m hesitant to say anything, but is everything okay? Hope Jessica is recovering and no other problems have arisen.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 05:37:59 AM »
It’s been over a month since the last post, so I’m hesitant to say anything, but is everything okay? Hope Jessica is recovering and no other problems have arisen.

Sorry for the extended web blackout period. Jessica's health issues have been a bit of a rollercoaster ride (on one of those shitty old wooden ones that rattle your teeth), but things are looking a lot better lately.

SN8X-things have been happening "behind the scenes" and I should be making a news post to this site within the next week.

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 10:41:24 PM »

Sorry for the extended web blackout period. Jessica's health issues have been a bit of a rollercoaster ride (on one of those shitty old wooden ones that rattle your teeth), but things are looking a lot better lately.

SN8X-things have been happening "behind the scenes" and I should be making a news post to this site within the next week.

Phew! Glad things are improving. Miss you two!

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 12:02:58 AM »
...Has it been almost two years since my last post? I hope, as always, that everyone is doing well.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2020, 12:49:15 AM »
...Has it been almost two years since my last post? I hope, as always, that everyone is doing well.

Thins are ... really fucking bad. Jessica and I are going through some issues. and I don't know how things will affect the comic. I love Jessica, and I love this comic, so I hope things can work out, but we'll see.