Author Topic: Minor Retcon  (Read 7022 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Minor Retcon
« on: June 14, 2014, 05:59:08 PM »
So a couple weeks ago, we stealthily added our first retcon to the comic (I promise we won't make a habit of it). Back when this website launched, Eddie and his friends were high school juniors, and Eddie was celebrating his 17th birthday in mid-May. But now, if you go back and read the comic you'll find that Eddie and his friends are high school seniors, and Eddie is celebrating his 18th birthday in early May.

Why the change? Well, we decided that this was the only "high school" era tale we wanted to tell in Satan Ninja 198X so there wasn't much point in keeping Eddie in school for another year. Also, since this story arc is building up to the prom, it made more sense to make it the penultimate high school event: the senior prom. Plus, making most of the characters 18 has the added benefit of helping us stay out of legal hot water with these characters engaging in sexual activities.

The date was changed to the start of May so that we had a bit more room to play with before the prom occurs.

The character profiles have also been updated to reflect this change. Oh, and Jessica re-drew Veronica's school picture, because we weren't happy with the old one: https://satanninja.com/about/the-characters
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:05:03 PM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Retcon
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 04:14:41 AM »
I hadn't even seen the about the characters page..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 05:35:53 AM »
You know, I've wondered how many people overlook the two "About" pages in the sub-menu off to the side. Perhaps we could think of a way to make that sub-menu a bit more obvious.

Or we could just leave it as-is and just think of it as a website Easter egg for the observant.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 03:10:53 AM »
Maybe a link under the Comic tab would be easier to spot? About pages on websites are usually about the authors or company.

Or maybe I'm just not a fair representation of webcomic readers, I don't know..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 05:15:23 AM »
We researched a bunch of webcomic sites when we were designing our own, and having an "About" section that gives details on the setting and the characters is pretty common.

There are some things we could probably do to improve the site a bit, but I like the way it turned out. Sometimes I come here just to bask in its radness.