Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 1 - Lunchroom Daydreaming  (Read 9277 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

If only our characters were in elementary school so we could show off some of those rad Saturday morning cartoon lunchboxes. I had a Transformers one, myself.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:58:06 PM by Adam Dravian »

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 1 - Lunchroom Daydreaming
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 06:45:41 PM »
Great 1st page.  It's gonna be hard reading this week to week, but I know I just won't be able to wait until it's all uploaded. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 07:04:17 PM »
Yeah, it sucks having to release only a page a week. Hopefully, Jessica can eventually get fast enough for us to put out two pages a week.

The once a week update format works fine for comics that are stand-alone gag strips. But it doesn't work so well when the comic is a continuous narrative (AKA long form comic) like ours. What some long form comics do that update weekly, is they make it so that every page ends on a "beat" or a joke, so that each page can kind of stand alone. But then that makes it a little odd to read in the future once it's all collected. It fucks with the flow. Since our ultimate goal is to collect this comic into a big print volume (or maybe two depending on how long it gets) that someone can sit down and read in large chunks, we're writing our comic with that end-product in mind. So it'll create a bit of awkwardness from time to time when a page ends mid-conversation and readers will have to wait a week for it to continue, but it's for the best of the final product.

What I'd recommend to people that are annoyed reading only a page a week is to bookmark this website and forget about it for a couple months. Then check back in and catch up.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »
If only our characters were in elementary school so we could show off some of those rad Saturday morning cartoon lunchboxes.

Gah! You just conjured such an awful mental juxtaposition of them all being in elementary school and Veronica wanting Eddie to bang her to the max.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 04:11:58 AM »
What I'd recommend to people that are annoyed reading only a page a week is to bookmark this website and forget about it for a couple months. Then check back in and catch up.

As if I could forget about this for a couple of months!
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 05:46:31 AM »
That's why we love you, Richard.

Nice email address, by the way.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 06:59:38 AM »
Nice email address, by the way.

Cheers, it all ends up in a catch-all account that comes with the domain but this way, if I get any spam I know who's being a prick and I can simply block anything arriving at that address.

Once my friends found out however they insist on using youre_a_bastard@... so there's a drawback..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 03:33:55 PM »
Okay great commentary on the aspects of how to put together the week to week vs the long format. I will survive and think you guys are doing a great job. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.