Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 4 - Space Bounty Hunters  (Read 6977 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

After three pages of Eddie and his friends chatting it up in the school lunch room, we figured the comic could use a sci-fi action sequence devoid of dialogue.

A friend of ours saw this page the other day and asked Jessica if she was going to add sound effects for the laser blasts and such. As some of you may have noticed, we decided that Satan Ninja would use minimal sound effects. Mostly just when we want to draw the reader's attention to a sound or because it's not obvious. For instance, we'd use a sound effect to show a character's stomach grumbling, or for someone off-panel cocking a gun.

If our comic were ever to be made into a movie/series, this scene would have to have to be backed by a Perturbator song. Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNeQ1B5zpOw
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 03:47:10 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 4 - Space Bounty Hunters
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 04:13:56 AM »
It must be amazing to be able to kill a triceratops-like guy with a single kick..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:41:07 AM »
Hey, he might not be dead yet. I mean, sure, that's an awful lot of blood exploding out of his face, but if Mortal Kombat taught me anything, it's that "kombatants" are capable of exploding out all sorts of blood before going down for the count. And by "going down for the count" I mean standing there wobbling in a daze for ten seconds or so to give the victor a chance to execute a fatality.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 06:00:45 AM »
That's true of course. He still doesn't stand a chance without his sword though, unless he turns out to have spooky powers as well.. :D
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 03:58:50 PM »
Wow cool page, can't wait for next week.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.