Author Topic: More blogs. More reviews.  (Read 16889 times)

Gregg Samsa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud.
More blogs. More reviews.
« on: July 16, 2014, 04:30:01 PM »
I enjoy the reviews of 80's things - are you guys thinking about having a regular schedule of when those are posted?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: More blogs. More reviews.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 05:52:18 PM »
I would like to do at least one a week. not sure if we'll set a strict schedule for it.

We obviously indulge in a lot of '80s stuff, but most of it doesn't lend itself well for reviews. After I see a mediocre movie, I don't feel too compelled to write about it. I also want to avoid reviewing '80s classics that everyone has already seen. I'd rather bring the more obscure stuff to light. Or maybe I'll just do a mini review for such movies, if I feel like I've got something to say about it.

But yeah, I'll make an effort to do reviews and blog posts more often.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 01:19:49 AM »
After thinking it over I decided that if I don't give myself a set day, then the week will end up creeping past me without me posting anything. So from now on Wednesday will be blog/review/feature/whatever update day.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 01:48:36 AM »
We obviously indulge in a lot of '80s stuff, but most of it doesn't lend itself well for reviews. After I see a mediocre movie, I don't feel too compelled to write about it. I also want to avoid reviewing '80s classics that everyone has already seen. I'd rather bring the more obscure stuff to light. Or maybe I'll just do a mini review for such movies, if I feel like I've got something to say about it.

While I'd hate to see a bunch of blogs about every popular 80's movie, I do think it would be cool to see some on things that may have inspired some of the writing or even an interest in a particular style or something of those lines.  I also think Jess should do blog posts but I'd hate to take her away from the artwork.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.