Author Topic: Movie Review - Revenge of the Ninja [1983]  (Read 8589 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Movie Review - Revenge of the Ninja [1983]
« on: September 17, 2014, 11:02:53 PM »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Review - Revenge of the Ninja [1983]
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 04:04:57 AM »
Those ex-cons look like they went to jail for over-doing stereotypes. A fat biker, a skater, a cowboy and what appears to be a wannabe-kamikaze? I agree, near maximum for the ridiculous outfits.

Was there any explanation for the ninjas to slaughter the family in the beginning? Any other than everyone apparently still living in the middle ages?

Love the reviews, keep it up!
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »
Hah, the six-year old VS blonde fight.. makes me want to give this a watch.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 12:53:05 PM »
Was there any explanation for the ninjas to slaughter the family in the beginning? Any other than everyone apparently still living in the middle ages?

No explanation other than Sho's family had been fighting rival ninja clans for generations. I suppose it also could have been orchestrated by Braden in order to convince Sho to move to America and start up the doll business with him. But that's probably not the case since some of the ninjas attack Braden, and he kills them.

Funny that you mention the middle ages, because when we were watching that scene it seemed like the setting was way too antiquated to be set in 1970s Tokyo. I went and added a little tidbit to the review about that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:56:00 PM by Adam Dravian »

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 03:08:27 PM »
So for fun I just ran this title through IMDB.  It is interesting to know that the busty blond had a long and luxurious career doing 3 movies between 1983-87 and was never seen again.  Arthur Roberts (Braden) is still working today and has had a part in tv and movies almost every year since the mid 70's 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 03:07:25 AM »
Interesting. I don't blame Busty Blonde for losing interest in acting, though. I mean, once you've done a movie where you get to slap the shit out of a little boy, there's no place to go but down.