Author Topic: Movie Review - Trick or Treat [1986]  (Read 7491 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Review - Trick or Treat [1986]
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 02:33:25 PM »
Cartwheeling is ninja action? That's a little far-fetched, but it sounds like a great movie.

Did you watch Freddy vs Jason by any chance? I love that one and there the quote Aw, gimme a break keeps being passed around in a group of friends.

Anyway, the point is that the genre is really cool and I usually can't get enough of it.
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 02:56:19 PM »
While I've never been a horror fan, I have seen most of the classics.  I will now have to add this movie to the saw it list. 

I can just see some backroom meeting at the production company.
guy: Lets release this one on DVD
boss: well who's in it?
guy: nobody but there are some small cameo's by Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne.
boss: Put a pic of those 2 on the cover really big and maybe we won't loose money on it. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 08:54:21 PM »
Cartwheeling is ninja action? That's a little far-fetched, but it sounds like a great movie.

Hey, I didn't say it was very high on the ninja factor.

Did you watch Freddy vs Jason by any chance? I love that one and there the quote Aw, gimme a break keeps being passed around in a group of friends.

Being a huge horror fan since my tween years, Freddy vs Jason was mandatory theater viewing for me. Weird seeing such a common playground "what-if" scenario actually come to fruition.

Anyway, the point is that the genre is really cool and I usually can't get enough of it.

Jessica and I have a rule that once it's October, any movie we watch should be a horror movie. We watched a lot of them this year. Well, I would watch them and Jessica would half-watch them while doing art. I'm thinking of doing a quick review roundup of the movies we watched for my next blog post.

I can just see some backroom meeting at the production company.
guy: Lets release this one on DVD
boss: well who's in it?
guy: nobody but there are some small cameo's by Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne.
boss: Put a pic of those 2 on the cover really big and maybe we won't loose money on it. 

I'm almost surprised that they didn't go all out and use a shot of Gene Simmons in his demon makeup on. If they're going to be that dishonest, they might as well go all the way.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 06:17:23 AM »
Jessica and I have a rule that once it's October, any movie we watch should be a horror movie. We watched a lot of them this year. Well, I would watch them and Jessica would half-watch them while doing art. I'm thinking of doing a quick review roundup of the movies we watched for my next blog post.

Too bad my girlfriend isn't really into this genre and the friends I used to watch this with didn't move to Glasgow with me. Perhaps they'll more to Cambridge once they hear how great the weather is..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?