Author Topic: Happy Halloween 2014  (Read 9989 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Happy Halloween 2014
« on: October 31, 2014, 06:18:01 PM »
This was supposed to be more of a quick sketch, but Jessica got a little carried away and made it awesome. Hope you enjoy it.

This is also the first time we’ve seen a character lineup showing the relative sizes of the characters. Eventually we’ll have a lineup of the entire main cast.

There won’t be a comic page posted this weekend, but the comic will continue as usual next weekend.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:59:23 AM by Adam Dravian »

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Halloween 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 06:51:09 PM »
Jessica, even when you're supposed to be taking it easy for a week so you can rest and catch up, you overdo it and make something super cool.

Happy Halloween to you Satan Ninjas (or "Friday", as you probably call it).

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 04:02:00 AM »
Love it. Great work Jess
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 12:59:11 PM »
Does Veronigozer feature in Ghostbusties?

The Krueger look suits Eddie well by the way, perhaps in an alternative universe he just flips out over all the embarrassment and goes on a killing spree?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 07:34:18 PM »

Veronigozer should feature in everything.

The Krueger look suits Eddie well by the way, perhaps in an alternative universe he just flips out over all the embarrassment and goes on a killing spree?

Who's to say he won't flip out and go on a killing spree in this universe?

We were originally going to have all of the characters dressed as slasher movie villains, but we didn't want to cover their faces with masks, so we broadened it to general 80s horror (or horror comedy). I was thinking Veronica could be the girl from Deadly Friend, since that's the only busty blonde 80s horror movie villain I could think of, but that character doesn't have much of a costume. Then Jessica came up with the Gozer idea, which is awesome.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 12:00:20 PM »

Veronigozer should feature in everything.

Aye, agreed. I just need to get over the fact that gozer is a slang term for a bloke in Dutch, making Veronigozer sound like a ladyboy.

Who's to say he won't flip out and go on a killing spree in this universe?

Good point.

We were originally going to have all of the characters dressed as slasher movie villains, but we didn't want to cover their faces with masks, so we broadened it to general 80s horror (or horror comedy). I was thinking Veronica could be the girl from Deadly Friend, since that's the only busty blonde 80s horror movie villain I could think of, but that character doesn't have much of a costume. Then Jessica came up with the Gozer idea, which is awesome.

Masks would just make it a series of drawings of the villains. You'd get a large guy wearing the Jason Vorhees mask (perhaps a Deanson Vorhees?) but it would still just be Jason. Veronigozer is indeed awesome, and much better looking than the original..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 04:09:34 AM »
Aye, agreed. I just need to get over the fact that gozer is a slang term for a bloke in Dutch, making Veronigozer sound like a ladyboy.

I had no idea. How unfitting. I mean, I don't think you can get much less masculine than Veronica.

Masks would just make it a series of drawings of the villains. You'd get a large guy wearing the Jason Vorhees mask (perhaps a Deanson Vorhees?) but it would still just be Jason.

Exactly. But we were thinking of Viper as Jason. Maybe we should have had Mr. Skull as Jason. He could wear a hockey mask over his skull mask.

Veronigozer is indeed awesome, and much better looking than the original..

Veronigozer is the one villain that some people we showed the image to didn't get right away. Can't really blame them. Maybe if we gave Veronica the dark hair and the short flattop cut, but then she wouldn't look like Veronica at all. Also, in Ghostbusters Gozer is only in that form for about a minute or so of screen time. The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man form is way more recognizable, of course, but I don't think Veronica would be caught dead in that costume.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 09:18:44 PM »
I mighat not have got her costume without the help of her name change.  Gozero takes me right  to it though.   I love that you referenced Goatsbusters again,  it is a quintessential 80s movie.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.