Forum > Discuss Blog Entries

Radicast 198X Episodes 2 & 3: Vision Quest & Police Story

(1/2) > >>

Adam Dravian:
Check 'em out here!

Mumm-Rad:
Great podcast! Love to hear more!
I have watched a multitude of bad movies and somehow missed Vision Quest.
I have seen Police Story. I also saw a documentary movie about Jackie Chan. It was cool to see him setup and perform his stunts. It's a miracle the dude never died! He is a badass Hong Konger!

Adam Dravian:

--- Quote from: Mumm-Rad on July 23, 2016, 08:36:03 PM ---Great podcast! Love to hear more!
--- End quote ---

Thanks! More shall come. One of the nice things about doing this podcast is that it doesn't require much extra effort from Jessica, so she'll remain free to focus on art. We watch and discuss these movies anyway, so it's not terribly different doing it with an audience in mind. And she makes the thumbnail images simple so she can bust them out quickly.

Episode 4 is definitely our favorite so far, and that'll be released later this week.

--- Quote from: Mumm-Rad on July 23, 2016, 08:36:03 PM ---I have watched a multitude of bad movies and somehow missed Vision Quest.
--- End quote ---

It's actually not a bad movie. It's well-made. We tend to prefer our "Quest" movies to be of a more fantastical nature, but anyone who likes more realistic teen dramas will probably enjoy it. And if they also happen to be a high school wrestler, then it'll probably be their favorite movie.

--- Quote from: Mumm-Rad on July 23, 2016, 08:36:03 PM ---I also saw a documentary movie about Jackie Chan. He is a badass Hong Konger!

--- End quote ---

This is true.

Michigander1911:
Both great episodes.

I have not saw Vision Quest, though I have heard of it.  The main character is Matthew Modine who was Pvt. Joker in Full Metal Jacket as well. 

Jackie Chan is awesome.  I haven't watched Police Story in a very long time, but it is a great movie because of the constant stunts and action.  I thought Rush Hour was great when it came out and for what it is I don't consider it a bad movie now. 

I think the best part of the Radicast is going to be Adam trying to talk Jess into giving something a rating at the end.  It's always like Adam want's to make something up for a Satan factor and Jess is like no not at all. 

Adam Dravian:

--- Quote from: Michigander1911 on July 28, 2016, 08:13:48 PM ---I have not saw Vision Quest, though I have heard of it.  The main character is Matthew Modine who was Pvt. Joker in Full Metal Jacket as well.
--- End quote ---

Ah, we haven't seen Full Metal Jacket yet, but it's in our queue.

--- Quote from: Michigander1911 on July 28, 2016, 08:13:48 PM ---Jackie Chan is awesome.  I haven't watched Police Story in a very long time, but it is a great movie because of the constant stunts and action.  I thought Rush Hour was great when it came out and for what it is I don't consider it a bad movie now.
--- End quote ---

I don't have much of an opinion on Rush Hour, since I only half-assed watched it and hardly remember anything. At the time, I think I was still mega annoyed at Chris Tucker for his ultra obnoxious character in 5th Element.

--- Quote from: Michigander1911 on July 28, 2016, 08:13:48 PM ---I think the best part of the Radicast is going to be Adam trying to talk Jess into giving something a rating at the end.  It's always like Adam want's to make something up for a Satan factor and Jess is like no not at all.

--- End quote ---

Yeah man, I think it's fun to do mental gymnastics to find the Satan in a totally non-Satantic movie. Some people have a knack for finding the good in everyone, I'm more into finding the Satan in everything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version