Forum > Discuss Blog Entries

Radicast 198X Episodes 2 & 3: Vision Quest & Police Story

<< < (2/2)

Rijst:
Just listened to the first, I loved the captain pentastar joke! ;D

Honestly though this movie sounds so quintessentially 80s I can't believe you didn't end up giving it 4/5. I haven't seen anything beyond the trailer and I know how cringe worthy this slapstick stuff can get at times but it sounds like an utter classic.

Anyway, on to Vision Quest!
Edit: having just seen the theatrical trailer you posted I too wanted to strangle myself in the nearest piece of cloth. I can't wait to hear how you dragged yourself through this shite! :o

Rijst:
Listened to the Vision Quest episode. I love how you guys don't seem to agree on anything here. Jessica, like me, can't stomach this sort of wet nonsense and Adam is trying to put a positive spin on things. Especially when it gets down to grading it.

I probably wouldn't finish watching this movie. I mean, a rape attempt? That should really be where it ends with the guy going to jail..

Adam Dravian:

--- Quote from: Rijst on July 30, 2016, 05:39:16 AM ---Honestly though this movie sounds so quintessentially 80s I can't believe you didn't end up giving it 4/5. I haven't seen anything beyond the trailer and I know how cringe worthy this slapstick stuff can get at times but it sounds like an utter classic.
--- End quote ---

It was tough, because I loved half the movie. The action was top notch. But the slapstick comedy didn't do it for me and I had almost no attachment to the characters, which brought down the rating.

--- Quote from: Rijst on July 30, 2016, 06:18:05 AM ---Listened to the Vision Quest episode. I love how you guys don't seem to agree on anything here. Jessica, like me, can't stomach this sort of wet nonsense and Adam is trying to put a positive spin on things. Especially when it gets down to grading it.
--- End quote ---

Our movie tastes generally align to a remarkable degree, but I definitely have a way stronger tolerance for straight "drama" than Jessica does. I think she's just afraid to feel something.

--- Quote from: Rijst on July 30, 2016, 06:18:05 AM ---I probably wouldn't finish watching this movie. I mean, a rape attempt? That should really be where it ends with the guy going to jail..

--- End quote ---

We might be going a little too far by calling it an attempted rape, but it was pretty bad. He throws her onto his bed and then drops on top of her and begins forcefully kissing her, but then she hits him and pushes him away, and then storms out of his room. I thought for sure that would be the death-knell for his chances with Carla, but she totally ends up letting him bone her later on, which really sends a fucked up message to the viewer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version