Author Topic: A Satanic Christmas in Michigan  (Read 6415 times)

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
A Satanic Christmas in Michigan
« on: December 16, 2014, 11:37:59 AM »
Well we've talked about similar things in the past but now in good ol' Michigan there will be a Satanic display at our state capitol for the Christmas season.  I find it hilarious that because of a rule that the display must be taken down at night there will be no christian nativity display this year. 

Anyway here is the article for those of you who want to read the local news stirring the pot on the issue. 
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/27635665/satanic-temple-holiday-display-coming-to-capitol-lawn
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A Satanic Christmas in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 11:36:16 PM »
Awesome. The satanists have been pulling a lot of stunts like this in recent years. It's a great way to drive home the need to separate church and state, but unfortunately the points tends to go over a lot of heads, as evidenced by many of the comments on that article.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:26:30 AM »
Yeah unfortunately religious freedom was setup because of religious intolerance and that intolerance has been passed down generation to generation.   The satanists make great points and I'm all for their display even as a christian, but they will face intolerance at every turn. 

Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 09:15:58 PM »
"bad manners" lol...

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 08:29:01 AM »
Quote from: Rev. David Bullock of Greater St. Matthew Baptist Church
"This is strange, Christmas is being hijacked by Satan. I understand that there is liberty. we have religious freedom, but there are limits to how these rights are supposed to be exercised."

Isn't it great how people think concepts such as liberty and freedom require their interpretation. He's got the right to have a problem with satanist displays, but this is simply an invalid argument. Why should religious freedom end where it clashes with his beliefs?

I love this comment though:
Quote from: Joseph George
Ken Weeks They don't believe in a Satan as a real being. But you believe in someone who is said to have drowned almost all animals and people at once.
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 01:18:16 PM »
Yeah like I said intolerance   is prevelent in the Christian world, many believe that they're  religion   is so perfect that anyone proclaiming  anything different  is a threat to them when in reality  its just someone believing something  else.   If many Christians  practice  the actual  teachings of Jesus  instead  of  dwelling on social issiues that were mentioned  less than 3 times in all scripture they'd be much happier