Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 28 - Sam's Apology  (Read 22972 times)

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 28 - Sam's Apology
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 08:55:48 PM »

Well I just so happen to have some great suggestions for how you (and others in your predicament!) can help fill that SN8X-shaped void in your soul: [...]

Adam, how could you forget to mention the exclusive bonus Satan Ninja comic strips that I do for my patrons on Patreon? https://www.patreon.com/JessicaSafron

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 10:54:50 AM »
Pretty much. It's on an open tab and when I have time I go through the listings bookmarking webcomics that I think might be decent, starting from where I left off, and it's rare that I see one that I love as much as yours. Unfortunately I binge-read your comic, and got to the end too fast   :-\ Now I have "show hole" (if that can be applied to webcomics)...

Well I just so happen to have some great suggestions for how you (and others in your predicament!) can help fill that SN8X-shaped void in your soul:

• If you haven't already, explore the depths of the site to make such rad discoveries as character bios, live-action promo videos, SN8X interviews, '80s movie reviews (both in article and podcast flavors), a rather excessive FAQ, among other wonders!
  • Re-read the comic and this time check out the commentary for each page to see all the witty (and insightful!) comments.
  • Re-read the comic while noting the various tropes and adding those to the Satan Ninja 198X TV Tropes page (a badass fan of ours created it, but no tropes have been added yet :'( ).
  • Become a big-time Hollywood producer and then approach us with an irresistible offer for us to write and direct a big budget movie adaptation of SN8X.
  • Write an erotic Satan Ninja fan fiction novel, and then change the names of the characters to hide the fact it's based on the Satan Ninja intellectual property and publish it to poor reviews but massive success.
  • Go out and find your very own Shinobi Fist of Hellpower and then become a Satan Ninja, rendering this comic unappealing to you because you live the "real deal."

Hope that helps!

Oh man, I almost forgot I was going to drop science and become a big-time Hollywood producer and then approach you with an irresistible offer for you to write and direct a big budget movie adaptation of SN8X. I'm so easily distracted..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 11:57:21 AM »

Well I just so happen to have some great suggestions for how you (and others in your predicament!) can help fill that SN8X-shaped void in your soul: [...]

Adam, how could you forget to mention the exclusive bonus Satan Ninja comic strips that I do for my patrons on Patreon? https://www.patreon.com/JessicaSafron

Oops. Speaking of that, you gotta finish the bonus scene with the C&C cult before July ends in two days. Fuck, this summer is going by too quickly.

Oh man, I almost forgot I was going to drop science and become a big-time Hollywood producer and then approach you with an irresistible offer for you to write and direct a big budget movie adaptation of SN8X. I'm so easily distracted..

Damn you scientist dudes and your easily distractible natures!

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 05:53:12 PM »

Damn you scientist dudes and your easily distractible natures!

I already forgot I posted this.. ;)
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 07:01:30 PM »
Pretty much. It's on an open tab and when I have time I go through the listings bookmarking webcomics that I think might be decent, starting from where I left off, and it's rare that I see one that I love as much as yours. Unfortunately I binge-read your comic, and got to the end too fast   :-\ Now I have "show hole" (if that can be applied to webcomics)...

Well I just so happen to have some great suggestions for how you (and others in your predicament!) can help fill that SN8X-shaped void in your soul:

• If you haven't already, explore the depths of the site to make such rad discoveries as character bios, live-action promo videos, SN8X interviews, '80s movie reviews (both in article and podcast flavors), a rather excessive FAQ, among other wonders!
  • Re-read the comic and this time check out the commentary for each page to see all the witty (and insightful!) comments.
  • Re-read the comic while noting the various tropes and adding those to the Satan Ninja 198X TV Tropes page (a badass fan of ours created it, but no tropes have been added yet :'( ).
  • Become a big-time Hollywood producer and then approach us with an irresistible offer for us to write and direct a big budget movie adaptation of SN8X.
  • Write an erotic Satan Ninja fan fiction novel, and then change the names of the characters to hide the fact it's based on the Satan Ninja intellectual property and publish it to poor reviews but massive success.
  • Go out and find your very own Shinobi Fist of Hellpower and then become a Satan Ninja, rendering this comic unappealing to you because you live the "real deal."

Hope that helps!

Wow well that's a hell of a "hey in the meantime" list
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 09:27:01 PM »

Hope that helps!

Wow well that's a hell of a "hey in the meantime" list

Heh, yeah, I think it might've scared off James, since he hasn't posted since. Maybe he didn't realize I was joking.

Well, mostly joking.

Matty2310

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2016, 11:54:36 AM »
When I first started reading this last December, it took me about three days to catch up, because I'd always go to read the commentary for each page straight after.
I've read TV Tropes quite a bit, usually in phases that last about one or two weeks, then an interim period, but I don't actually have an account. In the near future when I'll have way too much time on my hands, I'll see if I can get to it.
I listen to 80's music for a living, how about you?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 01:10:39 AM »
When I first started reading this last December, it took me about three days to catch up, because I'd always go to read the commentary for each page straight after.

Interesting. When we were designing this site, we decided not to display comments under every page like most webcomics do, because we wanted people to be able to read the comic straight through without comments drawing their eyes every page. So we went with a forum instead, despite a lot of people now thinking forums are dated. That might've been a mistake through, to be honest. I'm fairly certain that we'd get a lot more comments if people could simply post something directly under a page via social media login. Of course, this forum supports logging in via social media (I always log in through Google), but people aren't as used to doing that.

I've read TV Tropes quite a bit, usually in phases that last about one or two weeks, then an interim period, but I don't actually have an account. In the near future when I'll have way too much time on my hands, I'll see if I can get to it.

Dude, that'd make me so fucking happy! You'd become my favorite Aussie, for sureā€”even beating out my love for Lord Humungus. And since you've actually gone through and read the commentary for every page of the comic, that makes you highly qualified for the task.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2016, 05:16:39 PM »

Interesting. When we were designing this site, we decided not to display comments under every page like most webcomics do, because we wanted people to be able to read the comic straight through without comments drawing their eyes every page. So we went with a forum instead, despite a lot of people now thinking forums are dated. That might've been a mistake through, to be honest. I'm fairly certain that we'd get a lot more comments if people could simply post something directly under a page via social media login. Of course, this forum supports logging in via social media (I always log in through Google), but people aren't as used to doing that.

I typically log in through Facebook.  While I'm the first on to say that forums are dated, this one seems to be working just fine.  The only benefit to having a more modern comments section would be the ability to directly reply to somone instead of the "quote" feature. 

You guy's have also made it easy by putting the comments link directly in your posting of a new page.   
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2016, 01:33:36 AM »
You guy's have also made it easy by putting the comments link directly in your posting of a new page.

Yeah, but even having to push a button to see the comments create a barrier of entry that a lot of casual readers are too lazy to cross.

I don't know. It's something Jessica and I are going to think about some more, and we'll discuss with Webmaster Ghoul.