Author Topic: Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 11 - Beef Lord  (Read 6362 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 11 - Beef Lord
« on: August 18, 2018, 11:59:45 PM »

Candi is a character that I detailed back when I was developing the comic’s lore, but I doubt much of her background will ever be revealed within the comic itself, so here it is:

When Veronica first moved to River City in the summer before she started 7th grade, the first friend she made was Candi (full name Candice). Toward the start of their 10th grade year, the two best friends went to see the popular glam metal band Makeüp Skwäd in concert. They ended up going back stage and, uh ... ‘hanging out’ with the band.

Candi, convinced that she and the band’s drummer were, like, totally in love, dropped out of school to follow the band’s tour and live with her drummer-lover in California. Veronica’s vacant best friend slot was swiftly replaced by Heather. Things between Candi and the drummer of Makeüp Skwäd didn’t end up lasting, and she eventually moved back to River City, Michigan. And apparently ended up inadvertently costing Eddie his job.

Now you know!

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 11 - Beef Lord
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 12:35:13 AM »
Candi doesn't strike me as a very important character, did you write back stories for every one? Does it help you flesh out the story as a whole?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 02:14:45 AM »
Candi doesn't strike me as a very important character, did you write back stories for every one? Does it help you flesh out the story as a whole?

You're right, Candi isn't an important character. In fact, I wasn't even sure if she'd end up making an appearance in the comic.

I didn't write back stories for every character, but some of the main characters have highly developed backstories (in some cases, to a rather ridiculous extent--Ket's backstory could fill books). Candi grew out of Veronica's backstory, when I decided to give her a best friend before Heather. And yeah, writing backstories absolutely helps flesh out the comic's overall story.

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 07:14:13 AM »
How will those two react upon seeing what's under that armor!?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 08:32:34 PM »
How will those two react upon seeing what's under that armor!?

That's assuming they ever have that pleasure...

I just realized that this is the first page that gives any indication of Ket and Darwick's height. They're the only characters on the "About the Characters" page of the site that don't have a height listed. We figured we'd leave it ambiguous so readers could speculate on the possibility us having them turn out to be giants compared to humans (like in the anime Macross), or really small (like in the movie Dollman).

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 02:43:59 AM »
I just realized that this is the first page that gives any indication of Ket and Darwick's height. They're the only characters on the "About the Characters" page of the site that don't have a height listed. We figured we'd leave it ambiguous so readers could speculate on the possibility us having them turn out to be giants compared to humans (like in the anime Macross), or really small (like in the movie Dollman).

I would love it if they turned out to be tiny. Well, tinier on case of Darwick. Isn't there an elaborate joke about that in hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?