Author Topic: Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 13 - Beating Double Dudes  (Read 8970 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 13 - Beating Double Dudes
« on: September 08, 2018, 03:49:08 PM »

And we come full circle to where the comic began.

I’m not sure what it says about the SN8X-verse that no one seems to bat an eye at there being a topless chick in a video game. I mean, that totally would’ve blown my balls up when I was a kid. Waaaaay back when Jessica first drew the pixel babe for page three of Issue 1, we had considered having her disheveled hair cover her nipples, but decided it would be a good thing to show some boobs early on in the comic so that readers would get an idea right away as to what kind of comic they were in for (a fucking rad as hell one).

Also, I know Jessica didn’t intend this, but it totally looks to me like the sacrificial babe is offering to give the Dude twins a couple handys as a reward before they go off and get those burgers. I know if I were a Dude Shinobi, I’d be totally insulted that I fought my way through a clan of satan-worshipping ninjas for a lousy handjob reward.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 05:54:46 PM by Adam Dravian »

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 13 - Beating Double Dudes
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 04:29:31 PM »
I like to imagine that's what I look like while gaming...

I love the contrast between that panel, with Satan Ninja Eddie being all cool and collected, and its "sister panel" in Issue 1 Page 4. Those two images really showcase the change from original Eddie to Satan Ninja Eddie.

Also, not sure if this is important or not, but when you're on comic #12 the 'Last' and 'Next' buttons are unclickable.

I seldom get here this early so this might be normal, and just needs updated.

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked it out and the navigation buttons for Issue 4 Page 12 are working fine on my end. This is the first I've heard or something like that happening, so I'll bring it up to our Web Dude. On a related note, I don't know how many of our readers know this, but the comic should be totally navigatable by using the arrow keys on your keyboard.

Also, welcome to the forum, kid! ::cyber high five::

EDIT: Whoa, that's weird. The comment I just replied to is gone.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 04:31:25 PM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 04:55:41 PM »
I heard that "eat a burger" is totally a euphemism. Doesn't sound like it's just a hand job..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Matty2310

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 07:35:38 PM »
Been busy past few weeks. But great stuff.
I listen to 80's music for a living, how about you?

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 06:46:27 AM »
Right in the middle of this,who would show up?

A.Ket  and Darwick
B.Demon Hammer's management team
...or....
C.Some other threat....

kiddico

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 06:48:09 PM »
I love the contrast between that panel, with Satan Ninja Eddie being all cool and collected, and its "sister panel" in Issue 1 Page 4. Those two images really showcase the change from original Eddie to Satan Ninja Eddie.

Give the guy a sweet outfit, and a mask to cover the lip bite and he's all of a sudden Mr. Sexy Gamer.

Also, welcome to the forum, kid! ::cyber high five::

Thanks! I made this account a solid three years ago, then never said anything like the proper lurker that I am.

EDIT: Whoa, that's weird. The comment I just replied to is gone.

Sorry about that! I sat and refreshed the page every few minutes to see if it was a problem on my end. After 10 minutes or so it worked fine so I figured I'd just delete my comment to save you the headache. That did not go as planned.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 06:35:14 PM »
I heard that "eat a burger" is totally a euphemism. Doesn't sound like it's just a hand job..

Whew! Good to know.

Right in the middle of this,who would show up?

A.Ket  and Darwick
B.Demon Hammer's management team
...or....
C.Some other threat....

Or ...
D. No one shows up, and instead the entire rest of the issue is just Eddie hanging out with the popular kids, having a roaring good time at Pizza Wizard.

I made this account a solid three years ago, then never said anything like the proper lurker that I am.

Wow. Well, I'm glad you finally crossed that threshold. It's always a morale boost for us when we get confirmation that people actually read our rad little comic.

Sorry about that! I sat and refreshed the page every few minutes to see if it was a problem on my end. After 10 minutes or so it worked fine so I figured I'd just delete my comment to save you the headache. That did not go as planned.

I assumed it was something like that. No worries, dude.

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 09:15:43 PM »
Wow, Eddie's quite the speedrunner!  Also, that ending where the girl is offering burgers to the heroes must be based off the ending of Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja, because in that game the President offers the heroes a burger for rescuing him.   Hmm, I bet you know which person most people would rather have a burger with, if you know what I mean.   ;)
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 07:08:09 AM »
Wow, Eddie's quite the speedrunner!  Also, that ending where the girl is offering burgers to the heroes must be based off the ending of Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja, because in that game the President offers the heroes a burger for rescuing him.   Hmm, I bet you know which person most people would rather have a burger with, if you know what I mean.   ;)

Yeah, it's absolutely based off the Bad Dudes ending.

Man, I love that "I'm bad!" sound bite. Also, the "Got it!" sound bite that the Bad Dudes say when they grab an item has been a regular part of my lexicon for many years.