Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 29 - Street Brawling  (Read 26134 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 29 - Street Brawling
« on: July 29, 2016, 05:18:05 PM »

Awesome! We finally arrive at the moment where Eddie gets to kick ass with his newfound ninja powers. I’ve been looking forward to seeing this scene brought to life for years, and Jessica didn't disappoint.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 29 - Street Brawling
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 05:52:17 PM »
Oh wow, great stuff! He wears them well although the hacking bricks in two with a conjured up sword is just showing off on Eddie's part. It would probably put me off fighting him though..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 05:58:03 PM »
About the updates, as someone who needed a year to write his thesis I know that sometimes it's just not happening and at other times things seem to flow straight from your brain into your computer. The quality of the drawings make waiting more than worth it and I guess it definitely beats having to go back and redo panels later on.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 06:04:03 PM »
This page is awesome.  Not only a great action sequence but in true 80's style,  bad guys go down one at a time leading to the toughest of them all getting beaten effortlessly by the hero. 

As for posting when the page is complete, I think that will work best for you guy's.   Anytime you run your own business it is very stressful and it's important to recognize your limits and what is worth putting your happiness and health at risk.  As with any job cancelling plans and working long hours on occasion is necessary but too much of that is not a good thing.   I can see how the comic can be extra stressfull at times due to the nature of keeping people happy on the internet. 

I think you guy's are doing the right thing and I support however you guys feel you need to run your business and I'm sure the other fans will too.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 06:06:32 PM »
Really great page and really great news about the less stressful page deadlines. :D

Mumm-Rad

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 06:51:37 PM »
Radical Page!!!! You guys never disappoint! Amazing on every level!

Matty2310

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 09:07:54 PM »
Awesome page! Sweet revenge! Say, could Eddie now go back to the arcade and finally get the Bad Dudes VS. Satan Ninja victory these punks robbed him off? Or is the game simply THAT hard?
And updating that schedule is much better as well, with the detail that goes into this, it's crazy to expect a Saturday release EVERY time, besides, your Saturday's a Sunday where I am anyway. This should allow for a more fluid schedule that can take in different efforts each page requires.
I listen to 80's music for a living, how about you?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 10:15:28 PM »
Well I'm glad you dudes are being so understanding about the revamped update schedule. But then again, we have the greatest fans, so I shouldn't be surprised.

The quality of the drawings make waiting more than worth it and I guess it definitely beats having to go back and redo panels later on.

This will absolutely cut down on rushed out pages that Jessica later needs to go back and touch up. But I'm sure the occasional little update will still happen. We already have a to-do list of things to add or change about the existing issue 3 pages. For instance, we need to fix a continuity error on the previous page, since Scorp should be holding his bottle.

This page is awesome.  Not only a great action sequence but in true 80's style,  bad guys go down one at a time leading to the toughest of them all getting beaten effortlessly by the hero.

Wait, are you saying that Toxic (pink-haired babe) is the toughest of the punks? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm wondering what brought you to that conclusion. Is it the lack of a bra betraying her confidence?

As for posting when the page is complete, I think that will work best for you guy's.   Anytime you run your own business it is very stressful and it's important to recognize your limits and what is worth putting your happiness and health at risk.  As with any job cancelling plans and working long hours on occasion is necessary but too much of that is not a good thing.   I can see how the comic can be extra stressfull at times due to the nature of keeping people happy on the internet.

Yeah, not only do we want to get our neon-ninja-clad baby out into the world ASAP, but we also worry that if we fail to release pages on a regular schedule, that people will grow impatient and move on. After all, the internet isn't known for having the longest attention span. We've certainly seen several forum members come and go and can only speculate on whether they simply decided to go into lurk mode, or if they moved on.

Radical Page!!!! You guys never disappoint! Amazing on every level!

Really great page and really great news about the less stressful page deadlines. :D

Thanks! You dudes rule.

Awesome page!

Oh man, it's awesome to see you again, Australian Dude!

Sweet revenge! Say, could Eddie now go back to the arcade and finally get the Bad Dudes VS. Satan Ninja victory these punks robbed him off? Or is the game simply THAT hard?

All I'll say is that Eddie and Double Dudes Vs. Satan Ninja shall be reunited at some point.

And updating that schedule is much better as well, with the detail that goes into this, it's crazy to expect a Saturday release EVERY time, besides, your Saturday's a Sunday where I am anyway. This should allow for a more fluid schedule that can take in different efforts each page requires.

Right, it makes sense to us. But I've read that the worst thing a webcomic can do is fail to release pages on a consistent set schedule. But we already break all sorts of rules about webcomics, so fuck it. Our comic is rad enough to break all the rules and still succeed. At least, you know, that's the hope.

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 08:44:09 AM »
Can't wait to see how this brawl turns out!!! :D

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 08:51:46 PM »
Can't wait to see how this brawl turns out!!! :D

The final part of Issue 3 is going to be awesome.

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 12:33:13 AM »
I remember suggesting this a year or two ago, but I know that I (at the very least) would be totally cool if the comic took a break for a month or two in order to build that page buffer back up. Maybe between issues would be best. Of course, updates such as podcast episodes, sketches, and so on would be appreciated just to know that you're both alive.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 06:25:28 AM »
I remember suggesting this a year or two ago, but I know that I (at the very least) would be totally cool if the comic took a break for a month or two in order to build that page buffer back up. Maybe between issues would be best. Of course, updates such as podcast episodes, sketches, and so on would be appreciated just to know that you're both alive.

It's always a treat to see that pizza wizard avatar "kazamo!" his way into a thread. Now if Kooky Kobuki, Jake (Not The Snake), and JamesADickerson were to bust in, the gang would all be here. Or, something like that. [Edit: And our newest dude, Magnetron—I just realized he didn't post in this thread.]

But yeah, we'll probably end up taking a short break once we wrap Issue 3, both to give Jessica time to knock out another badass cover, and hopefully to get a head start on pages so we can resume a steady release schedule. One or two months sounds likely. We really want to avoid a half year hiatus like we took after Issue 2.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:17:20 AM by Adam Dravian »

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 07:09:07 PM »

Wait, are you saying that Toxic (pink-haired babe) is the toughest of the punks? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm wondering what brought you to that conclusion. Is it the lack of a bra betraying her confidence?

I guess I should have explained it better, I'm predicting that Eddie faces off with Razor.  I feel that even though Razor got knocked down by Eddie it wasn't an actual face to face battle it was just Eddie making sure Sam didn't lose his wiener.  On the other hand I sure wouldn't want to face Toxic she does look rather intimidating......well maybe I would

Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 07:50:28 AM »

I guess I should have explained it better, I'm predicting that Eddie faces off with Razor.  I feel that even though Razor got knocked down by Eddie it wasn't an actual face to face battle it was just Eddie making sure Sam didn't lose his wiener.  On the other hand I sure wouldn't want to face Toxic she does look rather intimidating......well maybe I would

Judging from the previous page she's not, ehm, easily impressed.

Razor would work better as a final boss in this setup since he's got his alpha status to defend. If Eddie had only roughed up the others a little bit his position as strongest of the gang would only have been reinforced but since he has been kicked to the ground he's going to have to show them who's boss. Not an easy job against someone who can slice bricks in half with a sword conjured up out of thin air.

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 11:49:57 PM »

It's always a treat to see that pizza wizard avatar "kazamo!" his way into a thread. Now if Kooky Kobuki, Jake (Not The Snake), and JamesADickerson were to bust in, the gang would all be here. Or, something like that. [Edit: And our newest dude, Magnetron—I just realized he didn't post in this thread.]

But yeah, we'll probably end up taking a short break once we wrap Issue 3, both to give Jessica time to knock out another badass cover, and hopefully to get a head start on pages so we can resume a steady release schedule. One or two months sounds likely. We really want to avoid a half year hiatus like we took after Issue 2.

Here I am!  Anyways, I think that it's totally cool seeing Eddie kicking Viper and his gang's ass.  Hopefully he'll get a chance to kick Dean Slater's ass too.  I can't wait to see what's in store for the next page.  Rock, Rock On!
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)