Author Topic: Miroslav Satan  (Read 9866 times)

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Miroslav Satan
« on: October 17, 2016, 09:51:21 PM »
We all know that Halloween is this month, but it's also hockey season as well.  That's why I've decided to sort of combine the two elements by talking about a former National Hockey League player from Slovakia with a spooky looking last name: Miroslav Satan.  Even though his last name is pronounced shah-TAN, I still think it's pretty interesting that he has a last name like that.  As you can imagine, a lot of people like this guy have had a lot of  fun joking about his last name.  Unfortunately for a lot people, he never played for the New Jersey Devils (it's a hockey team named after the Jersey Devil).  Fortunately for them though, he does look a bit devilish:

"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Miroslav Satan
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 04:03:12 AM »
Haha, I can't say I expected to come here and find a post that combined hockey and Satan, but I'm not complaining.

My sports knowledge doesn't extend beyond the sports games I used to play for the NES and Super Nintendo. But even then, I gravitated to the more fantastical sports titles like Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball and Baseball Simulator 1.000.

I do know of the Jersey Devils, though, mostly thanks to the episode of Seinfeld where Puddy does his face up like a devil.