Author Topic: Airheads & Demons  (Read 12505 times)

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Airheads & Demons
« on: December 06, 2014, 06:05:35 PM »
I overheard this break room conversation between two early-20-somethings today. It had a satanic flavor I thought fitting of this forum:

"Yah, our Sunday night bible group has some like, intense discussion topics. It's awesome. Like, this week, we were like talking about demons."
"Oh yah? I wish MY bible group would talk about stuff like that..."
"I know! It's like, the stuff that isn't like talked about in regular church."
"Right... but that's stuff we really need to know."
"I know! Like we talked about the ouiji board last Sunday and I had no idea! I've never played with one... but now... I'm like never going to even risk it."
"Oh yah... that's a good point."
"I know! I watched Paranormal Activity when I was 17 and... oh my gosh, I couldn't even sleep."
"Yah, people need to see that stuff though. And then people should talk about it at church."
"For sure."

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Airheads & Demons
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 08:15:50 PM »
And then you introduced them to Satan Ninja 198X, right? I mean, that's what their Bible group should really be focused on.

I love how sincere she seems about needing to know about demons.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:17:34 PM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 07:46:46 AM »
And then you introduced them to Satan Ninja 198X, right? I mean, that's what their Bible group should really be focused on.

It should also be discussed in regular church I think..

Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »
Shucks, totally should have dropped the comic. But, I figured it would be more prudent to leave the room before I burst into flames.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 03:55:30 PM »
Shucks, totally should have dropped the comic. But, I figured it would be more prudent to leave the room before I burst into flames.

Or get holy water splattered all over your new shirt..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 05:48:21 AM »

Haha, I really hope these girls walk around packing holy water in case of surprise demon attacks. Oh man, and whips! They should totally go all Simon Belmont. These girls are hot, right? This only works me for me if they're hot.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 11:37:18 AM »

Haha, I really hope these girls walk around packing holy water in case of surprise demon attacks. Oh man, and whips! They should totally go all Simon Belmont. These girls are hot, right? This only works me for me if they're hot.

Got any plans to join bible groups haha!

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 04:39:12 PM »
As a christian I have been in plenty of bible studies where this topic has come up.  I've actually heard a youth pastor say he saw a person possessed by a demon spirit and had telekinetic powers from it. That was too much for me, some people think the best way to spread the word of God is to scare people.  I think they are nut jobs who have no business representing my religion.  It does seem that that's what happened in this case though.

You should totally start making subtle hints that you're a practicing satanist though, see how freaked out they become. Since they are probably totally unaware of your presence during their convo you could give it a few weeks and then bring in a Ouija board and invite them to play, but do it really serious like make up some story of there being a murder there 20 years ago and you want to talk with the spirit.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 05:15:01 PM »
As a christian I have been in plenty of bible studies where this topic has come up.  I've actually heard a youth pastor say he saw a person possessed by a demon spirit and had telekinetic powers from it. That was too much for me, some people think the best way to spread the word of God is to scare people.  I think they are nut jobs who have no business representing my religion.  It does seem that that's what happened in this case though.

Looks to me they're not scared but excited instead. Maybe someone's trying to get them engaged by mentioning all of this irrelevant stuff..

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 01:16:02 AM »
When I read Rae's initial post, I read the exchange as though it were between two bro-dudes. Then when Adam referred to them as girls, I wondered how he knew, forgetting that the title was "Airheads & Demons." I guess bro-dudes could be called airheads too though, right? Sometimes I'm an airhead.

In any case, that conversation was fucking amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 05:10:51 AM »
When I read Rae's initial post, I read the exchange as though it were between two bro-dudes. Then when Adam referred to them as girls, I wondered how he knew, forgetting that the title was "Airheads & Demons." I guess bro-dudes could be called airheads too though, right? Sometimes I'm an airhead.

That conversation drips with estrogen. It couldn't have been more girly unless they had been discussing menstrual  cramps.

And now Rae is going to reveal that it actually was a couple of dudes, and I'm going to feel like the airhead.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 03:45:34 PM »

In any case, that conversation was fucking amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Real bro-dudes aren't airheads, surely..

And now Rae is going to reveal that it actually was a couple of dudes, and I'm going to feel like the airhead.

He wouldn't, would he? He could just, you know, refrain from replying in that case so you don't lose face..

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 10:12:17 PM »
The  demon-and-stupid-board-game-fearing individuals are in fact female.

P.S. I am not a He. Geez, this post induced a lot of gender confusion.
P.P.S. I do not have a new shirt...

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 02:15:10 AM »
The  demon-and-stupid-board-game-fearing individuals are in fact female.

P.S. I am not a He. Geez, this post induced a lot of gender confusion.
P.P.S. I do not have a new shirt...

I stand corrected, twice..  :-[