Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 24 - Eddie at the Party  (Read 23759 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 24 - Eddie at the Party
« on: December 06, 2014, 09:22:14 PM »

Okay, we we had some technical difficulties when we added the new page to the site, but Ghoul was on the ball and got it all figured out. Then there were a few last minute changes we decided to make to the page.

The plotline of Joe being invited to the popular kid party, and then Eddie deciding to get dressed up and crash it, is one of the few elements of the story that remains mostly in tact from my old Dark Relic movie script (which served as the inspiration for the basic plot of Satan Ninja 198X).

Had I actually gotten the chance to make Dark Relic, this scene would've been filmed at my grandpa's house, where I used to frequently host pool parties in the summer. He had a cool house and I'm kind of bummed I only utilized it for two of my no-budget camcorder short movies, Bad Deal and TasteTations.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 02:51:01 AM by Adam Dravian »

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 24 - Eddie at the Party
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 03:47:10 AM »
The coloring on this page is fantastic, notably how the different lighting affects the characters and especially their hair. The ridicule wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be - interesting how after laughing at Joe's insults (which might have just been the other guys laughing at the WAY Joe insulted him just as much as the actual insult) everyone just quickly moves on and ignores it.

I can see Veronica accepting the date to make her ex angry. And it will indeed make him angry.

Babe Alert: as always with this pool party, the babes are in full force. Tina may not have Veronica and Heather's assets, but the previous page shows us she definitely has her own amazing ass...et.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 07:41:16 AM »
The coloring on this page is fantastic, notably how the different lighting affects the characters and especially their hair. The ridicule wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be - interesting how after laughing at Joe's insults (which might have just been the other guys laughing at the WAY Joe insulted him just as much as the actual insult) everyone just quickly moves on and ignores it.

I can see Veronica accepting the date to make her ex angry. And it will indeed make him angry.
I agree with all of this, Veronica almost has to accept it after Dean is being such a prick again. We might be in for another surprise again though..

Quote from: babe watcher
Babe Alert: as always with this pool party, the babes are in full force. Tina may not have Veronica and Heather's assets, but the previous page shows us she definitely has her own amazing ass...et.

Hear hear..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 01:09:24 PM »
Dean's dialogue... is great.  8)

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 02:59:37 PM »
Drunk Joe is pretty awesome but I think he's about to make a huge ass of himself.

Eddie actually got the words out, I expected another strange obstacle to block his path.

I agree with the babe report. Veronica and Heather can obviously do no wrong. Tina is a babe too,  Hopefully Joe don't screw it up so bad she won't forgive him.

My prediction here is that Joe makes an ass of himself and Eddie well gets Eddie'd lets say and they go home feeling sorry for themselves.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 05:57:59 AM »

I was wondering when someone was gonna comment on Tina's ass. That's why you're needed around here, aett.

Dean's dialogue... is great.  8)

Thanks, that was actually one of the last-second alterations. We weren't quite satisfied with what he said before, but when we saw we had room to make his dialogue balloon bigger, that freed us up to come up with something better.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 05:05:57 PM »
What's Eddie wearing around his right arm anyway?

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 06:48:49 PM »
What's Eddie wearing around his right arm anyway?

An armband that represents child suffering around the world. Surely Veronica will notice and understand what a caring soul Eddie has.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 07:01:35 PM »
That's cool, thanks for the explanation Jess.  I knew it was an armband representing something.  Armbands were very popular from the 60s-80s for many causes. 

I'm sure Veronica will love it, well maybe not so sure but she should. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 07:08:16 PM »
That's cool, thanks for the explanation Jess.  I knew it was an armband representing something.  Armbands were very popular from the 60s-80s for many causes. 

I'm sure Veronica will love it, well maybe not so sure but she should.

I honestly had to look it up when Rijst asked. It was inspired by part of a particular outfit worn by a particular person, and I had no idea it actually represented anything until now.

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 10:19:40 PM »

I was wondering when someone was gonna comment on Tina's ass. That's why you're needed around here, aett.

It actually stood out like crazy to me when I first saw it. Well, first I saw her wide hips and then I noticed how her ass was drawn from the side and then finally when we see the full back reveal it was glorious. Speaking of the side view, I gotta say that it's done amazingly well and has the correct shape that a big butt would actually have and not just some big round curve like how most people would draw it.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 02:21:40 AM »
I honestly had to look it up when Rijst asked. It was inspired by part of a particular outfit worn by a particular person, and I had no idea it actually represented anything until now.

This guy was the first that came to my mind, but that can't be it because it's the wrong colour and also the wrong decade..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 05:56:36 AM »
This guy was the first that came to my mind, but that can't be it because it's the wrong colour and also the wrong decade..

Shit, that's what we should've done. Eddie could have realized that the only thing that still properly fit him was his Hitler costume from his high school production of Bionic Commando, the Musical.

But no, I think our retro-'80s throwback sibling, Kung Fury, has cornered the market on Hitler usage in this sort of thing.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 02:15:50 AM »
Shit, that's what we should've done. Eddie could have realized that the only thing that still properly fit him was his Hitler costume from his high school production of Bionic Commando, the Musical.

I would definitely go see that..