Author Topic: The EverDead - Adam Dravian's "Rock Star" Years  (Read 10915 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The EverDead - Adam Dravian's "Rock Star" Years
« on: February 12, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: The EverDead - Adam Dravian's "Rock Star" Years
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 01:54:42 PM »
I don't think horror rock really caught on where I'm from, but I'm checking out the album right now..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 03:05:58 PM »
I nearly dropped my just-cooked dinner laughing after hearing Jessica's contribution haha!
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 06:31:56 PM »
I don't think horror rock really caught on where I'm from, but I'm checking out the album right now..

I'm not sure if it really "caught on" anywhere. During horror rock's heyday in the early 2000s, there were a few mainstream bands that flirted with the genre, like Good Charlotte (ugh) and AFI, but pure horror rock bands were obscure underground bands like The EverDead, Cancerslug, Blitzkid, and Calabrese. Of course, the most popular horror rock band of the time were the resurrected Misfits (minus original singer/song writer Glenn Danzig, and thus essentially a completely different band), who were popular enough to play large packed shows, but the rest of us would be lucky to pack a small gig. Blitzkid, Calabrese, and Cancerslug stuck it out long enough to develop big cult followings, but The EverDead became inactive just as we were getting to the point of posing for pictures with fans and signing autographs.

I nearly dropped my just-cooked dinner laughing after hearing Jessica's contribution haha!

Hehheh. She did a great job. I figured some of our comic's fans would appreciate that, even if my music isn't their thing.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:33:56 PM by Adam Dravian »

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 06:34:21 PM »
Well since I've been hearing about this band since I met you way back when (I still have my copy of Slumber Party Massacre II), It's really awesome you finally wrapped up this project. I will be for sure giving it a listen. Probably this weekend when I can play it on my stereo for full effect.

I did of course go listen to Jess's part.  Excellent Work Jess you really sound like a total bitch, but we all know better. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.