Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 33 - Full Transformation  (Read 21611 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 33 - Full Transformation
« on: February 21, 2015, 01:28:48 AM »

And now finally we reveal Eddie is his full Satan Ninja form. The idea of his physical appearance changing when he's in his Satan Ninja form is something we considered for a long time, but didn't finally settle on doing until perhaps six months or so ago.

It might not be entirely obvious due to the page's lighting, but Eddie's hair turns black and gets a bit longer while at the same time becoming more of a feathered cut. His chops grow a bit, his eyebrows get slightly bushier, his eyes turn red, and he gets more buff.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 33 - Full Transformation
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 04:03:25 AM »
And now finally we reveal Eddie is his full Satan Ninja form. The idea of his physical appearance changing when he's in his Satan Ninja form is something we considered for a long time, but didn't finally settle on doing until perhaps six months or so ago.

It might not be entirely obvious due to the page's lighting, but Eddie's hair turns black and gets a bit longer while at the same time becoming more of a feathered cut. His chops grow a bit, his eyebrows get slightly bushier, his eyes turn red, and he gets more buff.

This is all very clear I think, I noticed the hair at least. He definitely looks cool this way, he also stopped slouching I guess.

Love the upside-down cross on his shin guards as well, nice detail. I wonder how he's going to change back though, other wise he'll run out of regular clothes after a while and can only wear this..  8)
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Mumm-Rad

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 12:00:35 PM »
I'm having a Dragon Ball flash back! Love the transformation and can't wait to see what happens next  :)

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 12:24:26 PM »
I like that he sits around for 5 minutes feeling depressed and confused. 

Yeah you can totally tell Eddie is a little stronger and more bad ass now. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 08:44:51 PM »
So rad.  8)

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 12:30:33 PM »
This is all very clear I think[...]

Yeah you can totally tell Eddie is a little stronger and more bad ass now. 

Adam was extremely concerned that Eddie's changes wouldn't be obvious enough, as well as the fact that Ed's transformation sequence is complete. I assured him that our fans weren't blind.

...Well, I mean, I guess there could be blind people out there having the comic read to them... And I know that we do have some fans who are color blind...

Anyway, glad to hear that Adam was just being paranoid.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 12:59:27 PM »
Man, I can't help but feel like the previous page looks so much better. I'll probably try to improve this one a bit over the hiatus. It's mostly the stiff poses in the final shot that bug me. Some wonky looking anatomy, too. I feel like that final shot definitely needs to leave the best impression I can possibly deliver.

I'm having a Dragon Ball flash back!

Heh, actually, funny you mention Dragonball. When we were first thinking of making SN Eddie's hair grow longer, one of us (probably me) quickly voiced some loose association with the super saiyans of 90s era Dragon Ball (even though we never intended on making his hair look that dumb).

This caused us to wonder about hair-growth being part of transformations in the 80s, and I think the best example Adam eventually came up with was She-Ra. Whatever, I'm cool with that.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »

Heh, actually, funny you mention Dragonball. When we were first thinking of making SN Eddie's hair grow longer, one of us (probably me) quickly voiced some loose association with the super saiyans of 90s era Dragon Ball (even though we never intended on making his hair look that dumb).

I quite liked Dragonball and DBZ actually, just don't post 3 consecutive pages of Eddie screaming while trying to throw some sort of energy ball because nobody liked that about it..

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 05:12:05 PM »

I quite liked Dragonball and DBZ actually, just don't post 3 consecutive pages of Eddie screaming while trying to throw some sort of energy ball because nobody liked that about it..

I was ravenously obsessed with DBZ when I was in middle school. When I was eleven or twelve, all of my art suddenly became a hideous Toriyama imitation. Maybe I'll post some of that horror here someday.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 09:37:31 PM »

...Well, I mean, I guess there could be blind people out there having the comic read to them... And I know that we do have some fans who are color blind...

Haha thanks for that shout out to us color blind folks
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 01:51:25 AM »

I may have said this at some point on the site before, but I'm a big fan of fights that are quick and brutal. Long, drawn-out battles tend to lose their impact and I start to get bored. I'm speaking in general, as I do think that long fights can be pulled off successfully, if they're done well.

But yeah, there certainly won't be DBZ-esque twenty-page battles in our comic.

And there also won't be a martial arts tournament story-arc.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 07:06:18 PM »
~Some DBZ complaints~

I may have said this at some point on the site before, but I'm a big fan of fights that are quick and brutal. Long, drawn-out battles tend to lose their impact and I start to get bored. I'm speaking in general, as I do think that long fights can be pulled off successfully, if they're done well.

But yeah, there certainly won't be DBZ-esque twenty-page battles in our comic.

And there also won't be a martial arts tournament story-arc.

No one in their right minds would fight a dude who looks like he's on fire anyway! Quick and brutal is realistic, people stop thinking after a blow or two anyway. Like Mike Tyson allegedly said; "Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the face"..