Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 34 - Evil Awakens  (Read 17142 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 34 - Evil Awakens
« on: February 28, 2015, 09:01:21 PM »

And finally, issue 2 is a wrap! Well, mostly. Jessica is now going to go through and spruce up the pages that were rushed out. Mostly adding in background elements.

We're going to go on a break before we launch issue 3. Actually, it's not really going to be a break at all, at least for us. I'll go more into detail about this with this week's blog post.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:56:24 AM by Adam Dravian »

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 34 - Evil Awakes
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 08:20:36 PM »
Awesome I was hoping we'd get back to the alternate story line before the end of the issue.  Also tying in the other glove is going to be interesting. 

Well hopefully Jess can not only catch up with the detail work but maybe also get 2 or 3 pages ahead to make life easier on you guys when you get busy. 

Issue 2 was a great journey.  Buying issue one and blazing through it was fun.  Waiting week to week with issue two was a totally different experience. I find myself looking forward to Saturday to read the new page. 

Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 09:20:18 AM »
Oh man she turns out to be a total nympho.

She's in trouble if ghostface is coming back to life and she can't use magic because of that bet she made though. Excellent cliff hanger!

Issue 2 is one of the best so far..  8)

Edit: shouldn't the title be "Evil Awakens"?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:37:27 PM by Rijst »
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 03:17:25 AM »
Well hopefully Jess can not only catch up with the detail work but maybe also get 2 or 3 pages ahead to make life easier on you guys when you get busy.

Oh yeah. We definitely plan to get a bit ahead before we launch issue 3 on the site.

Issue 2 was a great journey.  Buying issue one and blazing through it was fun.  Waiting week to week with issue two was a totally different experience. I find myself looking forward to Saturday to read the new page.

Glad to hear it, dude. I know it can be a bummer reading the issue one page a week, but I think it's better than the alternative, which is us going silent for a half-year or whatever and then releasing it all at once. Getting feeback from week to week also helps Jessica keep up her morale.

She's in trouble if ghostface is coming back to life and she can't use magic because of that bet she made though. Excellent cliff hanger!

Oh yeah, Ket's a total sex fiend. And yeah, her name is Ket now. It used to be Kit, but we recently discovered that there's another much more popular and well established webcomic that stars a chick that has a fox tail and ears named Kit. Since we've only said her name once so far, it seemed like a minor thing to swap out a vowel in her name (though it's going to be a pain in the ass for the two of us to get use to calling her something else, since we've known her as Kit for six or seven years now). That retcon will be put in place shortly.

Speaking of changes to Ket, if you compare her on this page to page 21, you can see that her design has gotten a slight change (the eyes and the hair). She's actually the character that has gone through the most iterations since we started this comic (yeah, even more than Psycho Sam). It's been hard for us to nail down the exact '80s anime look we're going for. We did some more research and we're finally happy with her latest look.

Also, (Aett's going to hate me for this) when Jessica first finished drawing Ket on this page, I actually thought her tits were too big, so Jessica toned them down a bit. It's a fine line to walk between a sexy huge bust and a ridiculous huge bust, and of course it's incredibly subjective.

Oh, you.

I could make an argument for keeping it as "Awakes", but you're right, "Awakens" is more fitting, so I changed it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 06:38:13 AM by Adam Dravian »

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 34 - Evil Awakens
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 12:19:38 PM »
Awesome I was hoping we'd get back to the alternate story line before the end of the issue.  Also tying in the other glove is going to be interesting.

I am so pumped for all the supernatural stuff that lies ahead.

She's in trouble if ghostface is coming back to life and she can't use magic because of that bet she made though.

Well, she did okay against a hulking triceradragon man. What's the worst a crusty corpse man could do? ;)

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 04:58:19 PM »

I am so pumped for all the supernatural stuff that lies ahead.

She's in trouble if ghostface is coming back to life and she can't use magic because of that bet she made though.
Well, she did okay against a hulking triceradragon man. What's the worst a crusty corpse man could do? ;)

Something related to your first comment in this post? 8)

Oh yeah, Ket's a total sex fiend. And yeah, her name is Ket now. It used to be Kit, but we recently discovered that there's another much more popular and well established webcomic that stars a chick that has a fox tail and ears named Kit. Since we've only said her name once so far, it seemed like a minor thing to swap out a vowel in her name (though it's going to be a pain in the ass for the two of us to get use to calling her something else, since we've known her as Kit for six or seven years now). That retcon will be put in place shortly.

Speaking of changes to Ket, if you compare her on this page to page 21, you can see that her design has gotten a slight change (the eyes and the hair). She's actually the character that has gone through the most iterations since we started this comic (yeah, even more than Psycho Sam). It's been hard for us to nail down the exact '80s anime look we're going for. We did some more research and we're finally happy with her latest look.

Also, (Aett's going to hate me for this) when Jessica first finished drawing Ket on this page, I actually thought her tits were too big, so Jessica toned them down a bit. It's a fine line to walk between a sexy huge bust and a ridiculous huge bust, and of course it's incredibly subjective.

Was it because she couldn't see that bowl of space noodles on her lap anymore..? ;)
That's only a slight name change, I guess we'll learn to live with it eventually.

Oh, you.

I could make an argument for keeping it as "Awakes", but you're right, "Awakens" is more fitting, so I changed it.

I'm slowly taking over this comic, can you tell?

Ghoul

• Weblord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Satan Ninja 198X
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 08:11:44 PM »
Satanlich looks like he is frozen in some kind of.. extraplanar data center. I picture servers running inside those block boxes. Maybe he is frozen because this data center has its air conditioning system turned way up.

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 02:30:15 AM »
Sweet, I'm loving this outer space anime-inspired bounty hunting crazy demon shinobi classic movie referencing craziness! Super anxious to see this interact with the main story.

Babe Alert: Like an oasis in the seemingly neverending desert of dude, Ket saves the day with her luscious curves, beautiful face, and bountiful t--

Mumm-Rad

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 06:05:03 PM »
Well done! Amazing art and story! Can't wait to binge read both issues over and over during the wait for issue 3's debut.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 07:08:36 PM »
Sweet, I'm loving this outer space anime-inspired bounty hunting crazy demon shinobi classic movie referencing craziness! Super anxious to see this interact with the main story.

This isn't the main story?

Babe Alert: Like an oasis in the seemingly neverending desert of dude, Ket saves the day with her luscious curves, beautiful face, and bountiful t--

A welcome respite to the sausage fest you mean haha! "t--" means jugglers? Fun bags? Mammaries?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:12:43 PM by Rijst »

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 11:19:37 PM »
Was it because she couldn't see that bowl of space noodles on her lap anymore..? ;)

That should have been one of my methods of weeding out the babes I was talking to back on my mid-90s days of being a cyber stud on AOL. Since almost no one had pictures of themselves back then, I had to rely on physical descriptions, and of course most girls aren't upfront with bust size, despite it being of paramount importance. So I could have simply asked, "If you're eating a bowl of space noodles that's sitting in your lap, would you have any trouble seeing it?" If they say something like, "Uh, no, of course not. Why would I?" Then I know it's time to move on.

If only I could get a time machine.

Right. Someday I'll come to this site and find Eddie up in the header image is now wearing a lab coat, a goatee, and non-sun glasses.

Satanlich looks like he is frozen in some kind of.. extraplanar data center. I picture servers running inside those block boxes. Maybe he is frozen because this data center has its air conditioning system turned way up.

Hehheh. Those are space crates in the storage chamber, but yeah, I can totally see what you mean.

I'm glad to see you've come around on your opinion of the space bounty hunters. Hmm, I wonder what could have changed your mind...

Oh man, that gave me a good laugh. Soo good.

Well done! Amazing art and story! Can't wait to binge read both issues over and over during the wait for issue 3's debut.

Thanks a ton. That means a lot coming from someone with the ingenious name: Mumm-Rad. (Not sarcasm)

Hmmm... I'm actually stumped as to whether you're being serious or not. Good job.

A welcome respite to the sausage fest you mean haha! "t--" means jugglers? Fun bags? Mammaries?

Jugglers? I know of jugs, of course (boy, do I!) but jugglers is a new one on me. Typo, or more of your crazy Euro-slang?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 03:10:49 AM by Adam Dravian »

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 02:08:24 AM »
Not sure if Rijst is joking or what, but I wasn't censoring myself - the joke is that I was starting to write "tits" but got "interrupted" by Adam's shocking admission of guilt.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 09:19:47 AM »

That should have been one of my methods of weeding out the babes I was talking to back on my mid-90s days of being a cyber stud on AOL. Since almost no one had pictures of themselves back then, I had to rely on physical descriptions, and of course most girls aren't upfront with bust size, despite it being of paramount importance. So I could have simply asked, "If you're eating a bowl of space noodles that's sitting in your lap, would you have any trouble seeing it?" If they say something like, "Uh, no, of course not. Why would I?" Then I know it's time to move on.

If only I could get a time machine.

Haha I'm sure there a whole list of trick questions you could come up with!

Right. Someday I'll come to this site and find Eddie up in the header image is now wearing a lab coat, a goatee, and non-sun glasses.

He'll also be grinning like a happy idiot when people aren't sure anymore whether to take him serious or not.

Hmmm... I'm actually stumped as to whether you're being serious or not. Good job.

When in doubt, not serious.. 8)

Jugglers? I know of jugs, of course (boy, do I!) but jugglers is a new one on me. Typo, or more of your crazy Euro-slang?

People pretty much just make it up as they go along here really. I don't know how many alternatives for the word "drunk" I've heard around here by now as I lost count a few years ago.

Not sure if Rijst is joking or what, but I wasn't censoring myself - the joke is that I was starting to write "tits" but got "interrupted" by Adam's shocking admission of guilt.

I completely missed that because I was so full of myself. Sorry about that..

Did I break the record for the number of quotes and sub-quotes just now?