Author Topic: Perturbator  (Read 6748 times)

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Perturbator
« on: June 12, 2015, 02:27:23 PM »
I don't regret clicking that link for the unofficial soundtrack on the front page and I can't stop listening to it!
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Perturbator
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 10:23:19 PM »
Hell yeah, Perturbator rules. Glad you dig it, Rijst. Most of this comic was written while I was listening to his rad tunes.

If a Satan Ninja 198X movie ever gets made, Perturbator would definitely have to be on the soundtrack.

Speaking of the pretend soundtrack, that's one of the few things about the comic that Jessica and I don't quite see eye to eye on. She envisions the soundtrack being more heavy metal dominated, while I envision it to be more synth-based. So a balanced mix of both would probably be ideal.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 08:27:56 AM »
Hell yeah, Perturbator rules. Glad you dig it, Rijst. Most of this comic was written while I was listening to his rad tunes.
It sort of got stuck in my head while cycling to work, which is a good thing!

If a Satan Ninja 198X movie ever gets made, Perturbator would definitely have to be on the soundtrack.

Speaking of the pretend soundtrack, that's one of the few things about the comic that Jessica and I don't quite see eye to eye on. She envisions the soundtrack being more heavy metal dominated, while I envision it to be more synth-based. So a balanced mix of both would probably be ideal.

Quote from: About the characters page
Eddie has an equal appreciation for pop, rock, heavy metal, and new wave.

You could use metal for Sam and Eddie, Perturbator for the satan ninjas and more futuristic tunes for Kit. There's no reason something with such a wide range of settings and characters can't have an equally wide range of soundtrack as long as it sort of matches each other (my musical vocabulary is rather limited here)..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 06:11:39 PM »
You could use metal for Sam and Eddie, Perturbator for the satan ninjas and more futuristic tunes for Kit. There's no reason something with such a wide range of settings and characters can't have an equally wide range of soundtrack as long as it sort of matches each other (my musical vocabulary is rather limited here)..

Yeah, it'd definitely have a mix of genres. Jessica and I would both want that. It's really just the opening montage that'd we've had a friendly disagreement on. Her ideal song choice is Mercyful Fate - Evil , whereas I envision something more long the lines of Perturbator's Theme.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 05:14:33 PM »
Yeah, it'd definitely have a mix of genres. Jessica and I would both want that. It's really just the opening montage that'd we've had a friendly disagreement on. Her ideal song choice is Mercyful Fate - Evil , whereas I envision something more long the lines of Perturbator's Theme.

The Merciful Fate song has the advantage of actually being from the early 80s while Perturbator better conveys the dark satanic themes and covers the 80s as a whole better. I guess things depend on how the story unfolds as well, good luck working that one out!

Perhaps you should settle on something completely different8)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 08:05:46 PM »
I guess things depend on how the story unfolds as well, good luck working that one out!

Haha, man, I really hope the soundtrack to the movie adaptation is something we actually have to work out some day. We can dream...

Perhaps you should settle on something completely different8)

Perfect!