Author Topic: Hiatus Continues For Just A Little Bit Longer...  (Read 10377 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hiatus Continues For Just A Little Bit Longer...
« on: September 20, 2015, 03:05:21 PM »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hiatus Continues For Just A Little Bit Longer...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 04:10:20 PM »
Fi.nal.ly, although I'm all pumped up for issue 3 I understand it needs a lot of work. That cover concept looks rad, guitars, ninja stars, weirdos, this comic has it all. I'm really looking forward to it now.

I didn't know you were writing a novel Adam? Care to share any details with us?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 05:10:06 PM »

It's something I started writing over a decade ago, but it's gone through so many changes since then that it's basically a different book. In short, it's a horror story that mostly takes place in 1989, about a teen who moves to a small town in Michigan where some supernatural stuff goes down. It's not nearly as silly in tone as Satan Ninja, as it's based much more in reality, but it's not entirely devoid of humor, either.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 12:08:10 AM »

It's something I started writing over a decade ago, but it's gone through so many changes since then that it's basically a different book. In short, it's a horror story that mostly takes place in 1989, about a teen who moves to a small town in Michigan where some supernatural stuff goes down. It's not nearly as silly in tone as Satan Ninja, as it's based much more in reality, but it's not entirely devoid of humor, either.

I can say I am lucky enough to have read this awesome creation,  though im sure it's undergone some changes since then.  I can say that it is totally bad ass and worth the read.  I'm totally looking forward to its release finally.   

As for longer wait on issue 3....LAME.....lol j/k guys it'll totally be worth the wait
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 02:45:48 PM by Michigander1911 »
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 02:26:25 PM »
Comics, unfinished albums, decade old books, you've got so much up your sleeve it's no wonder it takes so long to finish stuff!  8)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 10:34:44 PM »
Comics, unfinished albums, decade old books, you've got so much up your sleeve it's no wonder it takes so long to finish stuff!  8)

And there's a pseudo full-length movie I shot back around 2006 that I need to edit still. Ugh. But my projects aren't holding up Satan Ninja, that's all on the artist babe.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 02:56:13 PM »

And there's a pseudo full-length movie I shot back around 2006 that I need to edit still. Ugh. But my projects aren't holding up Satan Ninja, that's all on the artist babe.

Haha well you're not as bad as George R.R. Martin yet, and a lot better looking to boot. But like he said, once it's out nobody cares how long it took, only if it's good or not (or something along those lines anyway).

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 02:38:53 AM »
Haha well you're not as bad as George R.R. Martin yet, and a lot better looking to boot. But like he said, once it's out nobody cares how long it took, only if it's good or not (or something along those lines anyway).

If only that quote always rang true. For instance, in the case of my decade-long delayed album, The EverDead's fan-base had long-since moved on (understandably so), so it was released to an almost non-existent reception. But by that point, I was expecting as much and was releasing it more for my own sense of closure than anything. But yeah, there's definitely truth to the idiom of striking while the forge is hot.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 01:25:06 PM »

If only that quote always rang true. For instance, in the case of my decade-long delayed album, The EverDead's fan-base had long-since moved on (understandably so), so it was released to an almost non-existent reception. But by that point, I was expecting as much and was releasing it more for my own sense of closure than anything. But yeah, there's definitely truth to the idiom of striking while the forge is hot.

Fair enough. I guess time lines are different for novels and music albums as well. Please don't take 10 years for SN8X..  8)