Author Topic: Moonbeam City  (Read 8717 times)

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Moonbeam City
« on: September 20, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »
Surprised I haven't seen anything about this on these forums!

Check out the 30 second intro to Moonbeam City, a new animated show on Comedy Central that is basically Archer combined with Miami Vice, Nagel art, and neon.

Unfortunately, the first episode wasn't especially great. Definitely some good moments, but overall it feels like it needs to be refined a bit. Hopefully the show will find its footing soon, because it's fun just to look at.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Moonbeam City
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 04:00:54 PM »
I saw a trailer for Moonbeam City a couple months ago. Your summery was spot-on. I haven't watched an episode yet, but from the trailer, I got the impression that I'd love the style but not care too much for the substance. That intro you posted, however, is rad as fuck. I'm a pretty shallow dude, so I'll probably end up spending time with Moonbeam City just for the eye candy.

However, I wish the show had better writing. If it fails miserably, the men in suits might blame the '80s aesthetic instead of the mediocre writing, and thus make it harder for things with a similar '80s aesthetic to be given a chance.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 04:12:18 PM »
the men in suits might blame the '80s aesthetic instead of the mediocre writing, and thus make it harder for things with a similar '80s aesthetic to be given a chance.

What, even after Kung Fury? Idiots..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 04:20:24 PM »
Just watched a piece of episode 1, I'm not impressed to be honest..

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 02:48:52 PM »
Okay have not watched or heard about any of this yet, but you did mention Miami Vice so I will be doing that at the first chance I get.  I'll be back with my review that expect will be negative lol.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 10:39:51 PM »
Okay have not watched or heard about any of this yet, but you did mention Miami Vice so I will be doing that at the first chance I get.  I'll be back with my review that expect will be negative lol.

Nah, you might like it, dude. After all, if you can enjoy shows with ultra generic shit writing like the Suite Life of Zack and Cody, then I'd think that a show with mediocre writing like Moonbeam City would be up your alley.  ;)

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 07:23:26 PM »

Nah, you might like it, dude. After all, if you can enjoy shows with ultra generic shit writing like the Suite Life of Zack and Cody, then I'd think that a show with mediocre writing like Moonbeam City would be up your alley.  ;)

Well you got me with the Suite Life lol.  So Moonbeam city was not my thing at all.  I did start to like the second half more than the first half but I'm not sure if I'll watch another episode.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 07:24:31 PM »
Actually I just realized I watched episode 2 not 1.  I'm still unsure if I'll back track

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 01:22:02 PM »
Actually I just realized I watched episode 2 not 1.  I'm still unsure if I'll back track

I stopped watching very quickly..